Is Levis a Stafford clone?

A non superstar QB is not worth 50 million a year

Stafford is probably the richest QB in NFL history. How did that go for the lions who gave him all that money. Didn’t even win a playoff game. Not sure of your point. The current championship trend is getting a QB on rookie deal and building around them unless you have a Mahomes or Brady

Goff has benefited from being surrounded by really good teams. Garappalo has had similar success winning. He only got $25 million a year from Raiders

This is why you trust your scouting. If Holmes evaluates a QB as elite you take them

If that QB doesn’t do what Goff is capable of, yes.
If you have a wide open window and that window slams shut because you took the wrong piece. Yes!
If you go from contender to sucktitude. Absolutely! Yes!
Prices go up, every single year. I hate the price of beef and chicken, but, not enough to eat bugs.

Just because you go from top 10 veteran to 2nd or 3rd year replacement doesn’t mean he has to be better than that 10 year veteran. I know you are going to say he does but that’s simply just not true. He does have to be solid though for sure. I am pretty confident that if this scenario did play out, the QB taking over will be ready to roll.

Chiefs did it with an unknown Mahomes over a really solid Alex Smith. The Packers let Brett Favre go for a relatively unknown Aaron Rodgers after Favre took them to the NFC championship. These are examples of it working out of course, but they were 1st round QBs drafted to sit. When you aren’t thrust into the franchise savior roll and onto a really good team, your chances of success also go up. The guy taking over for Goff would have the best scenario to come in and have success.

For me, I see this strategy as the better/longer term winning strategy. Paying Goff I see as a window closing/inevitable blow it up rebuild. I want to win for decades like the packers did. I don’t want our moment in the sun then back to SOL.

If he hits to the fullest extent possible Favre is the comp

that smart but can’t figure out he should probably retire after breaking his back twice and crippling his arms.

1 Like

I’m a math guy as well. Was impressed with that video. Stafford did admit it was set up though

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.