Is Urban going to be fired already?

Think of the questions respectable young players are asked at the combine

Meyer as a leader in college

Reminds of Patricia a scandal he never could recover from because the players know
That would end them

And can’t respect guys who hypocrite and get a pass while the players face the tough spotlight.

They gotta fire Meyer now imo

Almost like taking it for granted things don’t change
But things change

One thing in judging this - I’ll judge the hypocrisy of treatment - how players get held to a higher standard so Meyer doing this could lose team
But his wife and their personal relationship may nit have any problem with it. She may know exactly what he’s into and does.

Seems like self Sabotage or like he wants out or he’s so stuck in his pro ledge of being able to do whatever he wants without repercussions …

1 Like

How could he have not seen it ?

I’d fire anybody who was trying to hide the second video from me

It may not have come out yet.

Very possible. Some people are very committed in relationships and do polygamy very, very well. I know ppl who do all sorts of “outside the box” stuff. This doesn’t feel like that. If you are committed…commit. If not, then cool, just be open about it.

You are right, we truly don’t know much, but it seems like his wife is pissed, based on what someone wrote earlier in the thread.

They both seemed participants

But while this era may offer some new challenges to come up in

I don’t know

I just think if you know what sexual assault is
And you know what NO means
And you aren’t being reckless or careless

Conflating this with a discussion on sexual assault and boundaries
I just don’t really see the connection since there’s no accusations or discussion of assault.

People all over still flirt and bump and grind without accusations of assault.

Urban is an idiot for doing what he did, don’t put yourself in that situation. But you have made some valid points. If a player or coach is talented, and they make the NFL $$$, they look the other way and let you continue your career.

Look at the super bowl winning Bucs alone, they got AB and Sherman now. That’s showing that ethics and morals don’t matter, they just want to win and make $$$.

How about the Vikings love boat and dare I mention Ray Lewis.

The way he was shoving his fist in there she might be more of a wide receiver…

1 Like

Because he’s the leader of young men

In nfl distractions are bad so part of NFL’s coach job is to keep these young guys , who now havd money , from getting in bad situations. Not much different from how Patricia’s arrest , along with Patricia’s behavior as coach probably served to undermine his ability to lead the team. The players , most of who are not murderers , wife beaters or even ever been arrested , see a double standard where they’d be held to a much higher standard.

@JCHeff1979 interesting point on Dee and even snoop or Em’s past but these guys have now stayed relatively crime free so a case could be made , things that happened do long ago can be grown from not stuck in.

1 Like

I heard he thought she was Trevor Lawrence

2 Likes

This is why I loved Caldwell and Coach Dan (still), so much. These dudes are like mentors as a hUMAN, not just a coach. Like father figures to these dudes. People forget, these rooks were friggin teen agers 2 years ago.

7 Likes

He just wants to see someone suck more than his football team.

4 Likes

A sick example of how a college head coach is a BMOC to the nth degree, especially one as successful as Meyer in a state like Ohio, no ? He could bury a hooker in his backyard & be praised for creative lawn enrichment. After years of adulation & privilege, I doubt he sees anything wrong in his behavior, neither the finger-fishing nor the side trip after yet another loss for his struggling team.

Unfortunately for him, an NFL head coach is closer to a corporate CEO in stature & responsibility, isn’t he ? Moral turpitude & all that contractual jazz. At least, if you get caught in the public eye. Like players calling for a team limo/ride service when wasted, corporate honchos are supposed to let The Company deal with dead hooker clean-up & do their finger-banging in private, preferably post NDA.

Personally, I find that sort of behavior distasteful - there’s an age/point beyond which such extreme PDA becomes creepy even when consensual, but it’s the side trip itself which would bug me as a fan and/or player. I know how much I hated the school bus ride home after a loss; the last thing I’d want to see is my coach getting a foot rub & chilling with a copy of Playboy.

2 Likes

The context here is important to me. I don’t have any illusions that these guys are paragons of morality and prudence.

But the Jags ownership made Meyer a very well-compensated NFL coach. They’re 0-4, just lost a heartbreaker. Probably a time for soul-searching, leadership, and clear communication about a path forward.

And their new, highly compensated, NFL head coach’s response? “You go ahead, team. I’m gonna stick around and get shit-faced at my bar – there’s some college-age hotties in here I want to get my hands on!”

Priorities.

THAT’S why I think they likely want him gone.

3 Likes

NFL teams have gone to the lengths of planting spies on college campuses to get the dirt on top prospects they are looking at, particularly at QB. The campus world can obviously be a little insulated from the outside and unless you get down into the trenches you won’t know some stuff that even the average student might know just by going out to a few bars.

2 Likes

Good grief, I hope you’re not suggesting there’s a double standard regarding young athletes, many African American, and the corporate apparatchiki, mostly white, that evaluate them like livestock…or worse, are you ?!

1 Like

Several teams pulled Johnny Manziel off their draft board once their spies let them in on his party habits.

3 Likes

@Ramskullion rignt on point !

@wesleysh21 that does nothing to prove the point wrong so sure , that’s another interesting point.
For me another is …How did J Manziel not fall all the way off the draft board given what was known about him ?

There were spies watching Trevor Lawrence as well. Where do we want to go with this? Because you aren’t going to like one of the directions.

1 Like

And The Rams kept star DE Leonard Little around after he killed someone in a drunk driving incident.

If Johnny Jackass was dropped because of his wild ways, it was surely because they thought they couldn’t manage it/him, not because they disapproved ?