Isaiah Simmons traded to Giants for a 7th round pick

Agreed. Why wouldn’t you?

I was against taking him predraft for this reason. He’s been bounced around a lot and his athleticism allowed him to be able to do that. Problem is that he never really mastered any of those position so anyone drafting him would be doing so solely on his potential.

He needs to pick a position and learn to master it. I personally think he’s best suited as a stack LBer or Box Safety.

Yeah I never understood that. ARZ should have sat the kid down and let it be known his skillset and size suggest that’s where he needs to be.

I wonder why the kid doesn’t want to play in traffic? Is it because he struggles to shed blocks or because he doesn’t like the physicality of it? Either way it’s a huge red flag.

Hopefully the NYG can get through to him and get the kid on the right track but he’s looking a lot like a bust.

Signing Mims is still a possibility.

Yeah something about Dans reaction to him says that Sims doesn’t have what it takes mentally and the team just isn’t interested.

He won’t be back.

7 Likes

hmm, idk

Sounds like they are going all in on their sub package to get after the passer.

Seems like Julian is still very much in play if you ask me.

They probably offered a 7th and we balked???

Julian plays a more premium position at edge rusher. Gotta be worth more.

2025 5th and RB James Robinson

2 Likes

Arrogance? A high tolerance for risk? I don’t know but there are some guys who just can’t stop, a la Gregg Williams.

2 Likes

Probably because his vision is on par with D’Andre Swift. He can’t see through the trash like Captain Jack and Rodrigo can.

Yeah. I wanted Brown because I thought he was a NT that could push the pocket back and be that rare 3 down NT. Mostly because I thought he fit that Patricia 2 gap scheme.

4 Likes

Hindsight is take the franchise QB but can’t do that hwen you have lame duck GM/HC

In fairness that’s a pretty rare trait that tends to separate the good from the mid at LB.

1 Like

Burrow was gone.

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Well yeah in “hindsight” Herbert should have been the pick, but at the time we weren’t considering trading Stafford. I was more talking about what I would have done and who I would have taken.

1 Like

There were a lot of us who lobbied on here for a QB, if only to hold the Chargers or Dolphins hostage for a trade. That was my favorite option, though I admit I wanted Tua over Herbert and that wouldn’t have worked out as well.

1 Like

I see what you did there. QB, Lame Duck —> Herbert.

I wasn’t thrilled with any QB outside of Burrow. I liked Tua, but I just wasn’t sure how he was going to hold up which is a weird take for me considering I didn’t have that problem with Young this year. It might’ve been because I believe Tua was dealing with and injury.

Herbert I just flat out missed. I mean I just didn’t see anything that spoke top 10 draft pick.

2 Likes

Yeah mostly I just wanted to draft Tua to force Miami or the Chargers to trade with us. It was patently obvious they intended to take a QB, and if they called our bluff I was OK holding on to him. You have to be to make that move. And in hindsight I think it would have worked.

QB–Lame Duck —> HARRINGTON
Immediately take Herbert off our draft boards NOW!!!

Harrington was EXACTLY my thought in taking him. Hindsight, silly.

Same broskis, I missed bad on that one as well because of Joey Ballgame.

But I did want to Tank for Trevor after that.

2 Likes

Hey I’m the guy that really wanted Zach Wilson because I saw some Rodgers traits in his game that I really liked. Look how that’s turned out? lol

1 Like