Isaiah Simmons traded to Giants for a 7th round pick

:sob: :scream:

I think he’d be a perfect Nickel LB to go with Jack Campbell.

Rodrigo early, Isaiah 3rd downs.

But I guess we got AA so no need this year. Maybe next year we can sign him?

Okudah = 2023 5th
Simmons= 2024 7th

2 Likes

Tankity tank tank tank

2 Likes

That’s a great fit. I bet Wink is going to blitz with him a lot.

2 Likes

Sounds like they don’t need Julian any more?

3 Likes

Sorry, but I had to forward this to the league office.

1 Like

That’s the kind of trade that would get voided in fantasy football.

4 Likes

We’re sending him to the Jags for Tim Jones

N’Keal Harry, another first rounder cut by Vikings.

He would seem to be another Mims type, except slower, but just as injury prone dammit.

Would rather roll with Cota as a big body than this guy.

2 Likes

Yeah I think for his career, it’s one of the best places he can go. Of course he’s come out and said he doesn’t want to play linebacker anymore, so we’ll see how that goes.

Wink will blitz the punter if you’ll let him.

I do think the G-Men will miss Julian Love more than they’ll realize and the …* sigh *… Seahawks will love having him.

Love’s matchup flexibility in coverage allowed them to cover up vulnerabilities that Wink created with his blitz packages. They’ve got to figure out his replacement if they’re going to operate the exact same way. Given Schein’s Buffalo roots I’d assume that he over times wants to simply win with the front four.

Which makes Wink kind of an odd fit with him

Who? Love or Simmons?

Or Schein?

Yeah I suspect t he’s used more as an edge and or stack LBer. Which is where he should be. Arizona tried to make him a box safety, slot CB type. Which I didn’t understand.

Took just a 7th rounder. There were a lot of posters big on Simmons and wanted Detroit to spend the Lions 3OA on him.

He is now a bust for Arizona. Yikes!

I guess this means J. Okwara is an unlikely trade to the NYG.

1 Like

The cards tried to make him a stack linebacker… but he struggled. Then they moved him to a more box safety role… then to the slot. He really hasn’t had much success anywhere. Maybe wink can find a role for him… but he hasn’t shown much in this league. He also came out and said he doesn’t want to be a linebacker but he’s really too big to successfully cover at an NFL level… he is a great athlete and was a good college player.

Schein. Get there with 4 vs. Wink’s love of blitzing.

Gotcha. Totally agree. At least we assume that’s how Schein feels. We don’t yet know where his philosophy differs from Brandon Beane.

Honestly I think 90% of coaches/GMs would prefer to get there with 4

1 Like

Remember back when most here wanted Okudah, Simmons or DBrown? One bust, one traded for 7th and one “meh”.

I wanted “meh”…

3 Likes