I've fallen in love with a man

I hate to even talk about this @Nate but I am hearing about some of the off the field issues Campbell has. Really bad stuff. According to some of my personal sources, he is being removed from the draft board by some teams. And other teams would remove him if they knew. I am not one to spread rumors so its not something I am going to talk about. I would hate for a kids draft stock to be impacted by something I said. But man…its true AND its really bad. That’s all I will say.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I’m 100% down for using our #48 for him, maybe even goose it a bit to go earlier, especially if we could our 2nd 1st rounder and move back a smidge…

I think this draft class sucks, to be honest…so I don’t know…

I have Campbell graded very similar to Leo Chenal on the Knee Cap Score. (Campbell 9.58 KCS vs Chenal 9.57 KCS). Chanel didn’t go until the comp picks in Round 3 (which I thought was an absolute steal for the Chiefs). I loved Chanel and I love Campbell, but the Lions had a worse LB room heading into the draft last season and didn’t bite on Chanel in the first 3 rounds.

I love Campbell, but I can’t imagine that they’d jump on Campbell in the first this year with a better LB room.

This draft does suck. It just doesn’t suck bad enough to take Jack Campbell at 18.

1 Like

Anzalone is the QB of the defense, the coaches rely heavily on him to diagnose plays and get everybody in the right spot. He is as guaranteed a starter as it gets for at least next year. I just can’t see them drafting a MLB or any LB on Day 1 or 2.
Campbell does seem like a… Campbell guy though if they were to go that route but I don’t see it.

I just think that they like their LBs similar to the TEs. I think they like their guys but also don’t value the position as high as other teams do.

1 Like

I am like 98% in agreement. But I also don’t think most people would have thought Levi would’ve been the pick at #41 in 2021. Campbell is a college performer, gifted athlete, and seems to have the intangibles. I wouldn’t take him at #18 (I probably wouldn’t in the 2nd either) because I don’t believe in ‘not having a depth chart in the draft room’, but I can’t 100% for sure rule it out as something unexpected the Lions might do because he does seem to be the type of guy they would draft.

I think we add a run and chase types with some coverage chops later in the draft.

2 Likes

#justiceforbarnes

1 Like

I think that’s quite likely.
Holmes is pretty unpredictable for the most part but he’s predictable in the sense that he won’t take LB early but will likely take one late.

2 Likes

And I’ve fallen in love with a 3rd Iowa man… Kaevon Merriweather. I think he’s the best true safety in the class (I don’t count Branch as a true safety, he’s more of a corner to me).

I think most everyone loves Campbell, the bigger question is would we draft him, and I don’t think we would.

My guess is that they add a LB later with coverage skills who is an instant special teams contributor. They lost Woods and Board, who both played big roles on ST. They did bring back JRM, but I don’t think that is enough.

1 Like

Jeremy Banks would be perfect for this

Barnes would be better in that SLB /edge rusher role.
I can see him taking over there for Harris/J.Okwara next year.
While also providing depth at MLB and WLB.

Another guy is Hampton who we brought in for visit…could be this year’s James Houston but more SLB like Nolan Smith

Rodrigo — JRM
Campbell — Anzalone as 4th LB backing up all spots
Barnes — Hampton

That’s a nice LB room for 2024 and beyond

I do like Sewell and Pace Day 3 guys this draft as well for MLB thumper type.

1 Like

It was a joke, but Barnes is also a bit small to be playing in that role. 6’0" - 238. He does have experience playing on the edge in college though.

1 Like

Barnes, Paschal, Iffy…guys like that might just be depth guys that play multiple roles.

And that’s OK

3 Likes

I think Paschal is going to play a lot next year if he’s healthy. The other 2 might need to have a good training camp to make the roster, depending on what we take in the draft that is.

2 Likes

I got nothing boys, I like him as well, all I know is they would have to LOVE a LB to take him in the first or the second. They really do believe in money ball at that position. And everything they have done thus far running the lions suggests that.

3 Likes

There it is, boys. I can’t speak or type those words without gritting my teeth, but there’s your answer on why it’s not a good idea to be in love with Jack Campbell.

3 Likes

I really like him too.
But that contract they gave Anzalone says they are smitten with another.
If Campbell is there at 48, I will not watch who we pick. Because I know it won’t be Jack Campbell. Its going to be a re-run of Levi O over Nick Bolton, and my coffee table still has a mark from that.

1 Like