I've fallen in love with a man

That man is Jack Campbell.

Tell me why it won’t work between us and Captain Jack.

Because I’m smitten.

11 Likes

Paging @QBHATER90

I agree 1000000%

JSN
Bijan Robinson
B Branch
Darnell Wright
Peter Skoronski
Jack Campbell
K Benton
T Spears
AT Perry
FAU

That is the list of guys I cannot help but see as serious day one starters and or contributors at a high level…

Put K Benton next to Alim… and flank those guys with Hutch and Comish on early downs… rotate in Paschal, Da Problem, Romeo, and Buggs!!! That is really all the snaps you have available

JSN
D Wright
Campbell
Benton
T Spears

This draft completes the offensive and defensive lineups for 2 plus years… Literally picking up Okudah’s 5th year and extending J Jackson and our entire offensive and defensive depth chart is already set for 2024…

Jack Campbell is week 1 plug and play

5 Likes

Nate, you are a smart guy. I am normally very critical of Iowa guys but I know everything about Jack’s background and makeup and he is the total package. He is a student of the game, coaches love him, big time leader, and the most important part is his tape is unreal to back it all up.

3 Likes

Capt Jack is the real deal. I just don’t know if this staff values his position enough to draft the Butkus Award winner, who led the nation in tackles in 2021, won the Academic Heisman this year, blew up the combine and had the highest PFF average for coverage for the past 2 seasons. I mean, is this really a guy we need?

3 Likes

Like Billy Joel says, “Captain Jack will get you high tonight”.

He will be our second round pick, oh yes, he will…

2 Likes

The 2nd round is the clear target area for him. If Holmes is interested in him as a one of our potential 2nd round picks it will probably be with 48. If he gets to our 48 slot I wouldn’t mind the pick.

1 Like

Great college players with elite smarts usually have long nfl careers

3 Likes

I think the biggest issue would be availability at 48. He may not be there.

Second would be that I’m guessing that Dan and Brad like our LB room a lot more than we do.

Those seem to be the two big questions to me when it comes to Jack and the Lions.

I just can’t imagine we’d make the AA move and then go replace him.

5 Likes

Brad has shown the willingness to stack resources but i tend to agree with you that AA will be out there, would still like another linebacker to increase competition there.

Does he meet BigNatty’s looks test?

I think many will be surprised

Anzalone, Glasgow, Tracey Walker, Okwara, Harris, Big V, DMONT, Marvin Jones, etc

These guys aren’t guarenteed to be starters or reps just because they are veterans. If they get beaten out by

Campbell or Bijan if they beat them out then so be it. Houston likely already replaced Ok/Harris. Kerby replaced Tracey.

In Anzalone case…his best role is 4th LB backup all spots, ST guy, mentor guy. Just because we pay him handsomely for that roll isn’t a bad thing.

Shows what we value in our culture…the ultimate team guy.

That Leo Chanel dude was projected round 2…he didn’t go til late 3. Might be overvaluing off ball MLB… I hope Campbell is there. He’d be a dream pick #55…replace Hock w/ Iowa MLB

1 Like

I’ve fallen in love with another Iowa man, though it feels more like settling. That man is Lukas Van Ness. I’ll tell you why the other likely suspects at #6 won’t work.

They didn’t pay AA $6m per to ride the pine

4 Likes

I don’t see why Campbell and Anzalone can’t be on the field at the same time. A 3 man rotation along with Rodriguez.

Pair that with a big dt or two and strengthen up the middle of our defense.

3 Likes

How big of a reach do you think he is at 18?

4 Likes

Looks like he is getting there…

2 Likes

Too big and I pounded the table for him all season. Now, if we trade down from 18 at all, I would be OK with using where that pick landed.

1 Like

What rd was chris speilman drafted? Round 2! Give him his guy! Capt jack in rd 2!

1 Like