J.T. Barrett joins as offensive assistant

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgXEjutOnWI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

lewd tongue GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Alejandro Jodorowsky Party GIF by Endless Poetry

charlie brown dancing GIF by Peanuts

1 Like

In all seriousness he is genuinely the smartest guy to play the QB position for us (Ohio State) in a very long time. His football IQ is off the charts. I think he has a lot of potential as a coach because of that, and he is also a tremendous leader. Our locker room hasn’t been the same since he graduated.

2 Likes

Can we give him an uniform and let him try to beat out Boyle or Blough?

9 Likes

Sounds good to me! We need smart leaders as coaches. Another former player as coach, MC/DC sure loves them.

1 Like

Joe Cullen was also a Bare-it. I wonder if they are related.

7 Likes

GIF by Wendy's

3 Likes

5 Likes

some high level trolling in the responses… check out the bottom of the screen shot…

Comedy Central I Love Winter GIF by Workaholics

6 Likes

Smartest OSU QB would have to be Craig Krenzel I would think. Molecular Biology degree is not one of those joke degrees they designed for athletes.

Pffff! We’re talking football IQ.
Molecular Biology🤣
A fat lotta good that will do in the NFL.

And he was soft. I prefer soft Krenzels to standard Krenzels. Kelly Stafford holds a different opinion.

3 Likes

They have pills for that now, yo.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Lions coach Dan Campbell was an assistant coach for the New Orleans Saints, for whom Barrett was on the practice squad multiple times after going undrafted in the 2018 NFL draft.

Former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he believed Barrett would be a natural as a coach.

“I told him that from one of the first days I started coaching him, that he needed to be a coach,” Meyer said. “He’s got all the qualities you look for. He’s a competitor. He has great knowledge of the game and great football acumen. And his leadership skills are as good as anyone I’ve ever been around.”

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s such a good thing coming from the source. Urban is a clown show. But, hope this J.T. has a much better coaching career than the last J.T. who played QB for the Lions. If anyone gets that reference you are truly a hardcore Lions fan.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

That’s why you can’t take coach speak at face value. On the other hand, that’s why I love our current coaching staff. They aren’t busy blowing sunshine up everybody’s asses….they praise but always peel back and say how much work they gotta do to get better.

1 Like

Haha Nailed it @socko!

You sir are a hardcore Lions fan, anyone who remembers our backup QB who played only 1 season as a backup and completed only 13 passes in garbage time with a QB rating of 48, has my respect and deepest sympathies. I understand your pain and suffering. God Bless!

4 Likes

I like him for his QB School videos on YouTube. Da best!!

3 Likes

This is a bigger deal than most realize. HolmBell knows where the Lions are headed, as we continue to build and win Glenn will get poached, Aubrey one day as well. If Ben Johnson turns out to be the young stud O.C. we all hope he will be, we need to fill the pipeline.
I love that we are always looking for bright minds and good leaders.
In 3-4 years it is very possible 3-4 coaches on our staff will be elsewhere. Duce, AG, Johnson, Aubrey, Shepp… Winning obviously will be the deciding factor, but in my mind, I see us becoming a powerhouse team starting in 2023 - ??? If so, we need to have replacement coaches in house to continue the "Dynasty of Dan!"

4 Likes