Jack Campbell wins Butkus Award

Well, agree to disagree, I watched every college game he played minus 2 or 3, and I think they picked the right guy for the award. You gotta “guess” right a helluva a lot to lead the country in tackles I would think and to also be the PFF leader in coverage at his position.

1 Like

I think Dan and Brad love productive players that drop because they are pigeon-holed due to their size (i.e. height weight arms etc)

I would take Campbell over all 3 of these guys as a Mike LB.

But all good players in different ways.

I’d probably take Sanders over Campbell, but I also like Campbell. Overshown and Simpson are best suited to play OLB in my opinion.

1 Like

His speed (Sanders) on the field is noticeably better, but Campbell seems more like a guy you want QBing the defense.

I could be 100% wrong, but that’s been my impression.

Yeah Campbells got instincts, and to me that’s the most important part of playing LB. More so than at any other position. You have to understand what you’re seeing almost instantaneously.

I’m not sure we’ll be interested though, as @CuriousHusker said I think they’re much happier with the LB corps than pretty much everyone on here. It’ll be the money ball spot.

Barnes is a wildcard. He takes a leap and Rodrigo continues to progress and that might he a decent combo. I’d still like a smaller, quicker coverage guy late. Those guys are usually ideal ST coverage players so I think we’ll get one on day 3.

Campbell is a true off the ball LB. Sanders is an edge guy that moved to LB.

1 Like

I’m not looking at them in terms of playing here, I’m just imagining how they’re going to do in the league.

I see Sanders being a SAM on either a 3-4 or a 4-3 that likes to rush from their SAM spot.

Campbell is a MIKE through-and-through.

We posted at the same time, but we’re likely seeing things the same.

And excelled.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.