Jacksonville or your 2nd Favorite Team

In the past I have considered adding a second NFL to root for. The Lions have been such a shit show that I think adding Jackonville will triple my NFL enjoyment. They have 11 draft picks and 100M in cap space. Whatcha think?

I tried it over the years and it just never worked out. For a long time in the 90s and early 2000s, my second team was the Saints. The year they finally won after Katrina was fun (especially the way Favre-led Minnesota blew their game with them). But now they’ve been good ever since and their fans have become somewhat insufferable (it happens with good teams), they knocked us out of the playoffs and beat us a bunch, and I really don’t care about them at all anymore.

1 Like

Why Jax?

I root for non-lion teams in playoffs (obviously).
My 2nd fav team is …anyone who is facing off against GB.
This year, my third fav team is Da Bills. I love the culture out there, and what they are creating. I think they have a great window of opportunity.

4 Likes

Quoted for emphasis!
:+1:

2 Likes

I live in indy so i cheer on the colts vs all except vs lions.

1 Like

Rooting for the Browns.

2 Likes

I root for the Panthers. I tried to root for random teams in the past, but it turns out that if I don’t have a specific tie to the team or the city its not the same. I spend alot of time in Charlotte and have an apartment about an hour away from the stadium, so its a natural fit.

1 Like

I’m curious about the Ballard-led Colts and what they’re building.
I root a little bit for SF because it’s Detroit West with Kocurek, Mayhew, Oden and others.

For me it’s the Lions and then everyone else. I like the Steelers bc of family connections and having lived here places for 50% of my life. It’s just not the same as the lions…not as emotionally invested. I really like the Bills bc I like how they coach up there and I am a big Josh Allen fan. My cousin, born and raised in Michigan, has been a Bills fan since 1985…my uncle didn’t want him to grow up a Lions fan. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Always had a soft spot for the Browns.
Sadly, that still leaves me with regular disappointment :expressionless:
Although I like the way their team stacks up recently. OBJ can go, add a couple weapons for Baker to play with and I believe they could be an annual playoff contender.

1 Like

Reminds me of Jeff Risdon from Lionswire. He covers both the lions and the browns…OUCH.

Agree with the Brown assessment. They have talent and finally seem to have gotten out of their own way.

1 Like

I have a friend from college who is a natural Lions fan (she is from Michigan). She is a doctor in Ohio though, and her boyfriend is a die hard Browns fan and a season ticket holder.

1 Like

Its such a lions thing to root for a second team and its a losing team lol jax is an intresting team

3 Likes

I’ve always like Pittsburgh’s style of play. They play tough (borderline dirty). They run the ball. They blitz. Everything I wish the Lions would do.

My 2nd fav team is the Chargers, I was elated when they drafted my favorite QB last year.

I know a guy who grew up in Michigan but now works in Tampa, met a girl from there and got married. He had lions season tickets and she has bucs tickets. He comes to 3-4 games a year here and goes to the rest there. GREAT LIFE

Rooted for bills because they play friendly game with us every year ( last game of pre season)

I can see why the OSU coach wants that job.