Jaguars DL Arik Armstead on DE Travon Walker: 'Travon can be the best edge in

Finger Shake Babu GIF - Finger Shake Babu No GIFs

Arik Armstead is going to REALLY miss San Fran. I like Doug Peterson and all. But the Jags always seem to flash big potential then underperform.

Also Arik is a tiny DT who turns 31 in November. I dont expect him to get by with burst alone for much longer.

I bet Davenport easily has 20lbs on Arik right now lol.

6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) · 290 lb (132 kg )

Not sure “tiny” is the right word. Svelte, thin, and light weight.

1 Like

He is usually plaus around 280lbs tops

Damn it. I thought this was going to be a fill in the blank from the heading.

Travon Walker can be the best DE in ________ .

I would have wrote Jacksonville as my response.

kobe-finger-wag-kobe-bryant-gifs | For The Win

I mean, he CAN be. There are any number of possibilities regarding his improvement, in combination with the decline of any number of other players, which could make that possible.

WILL he? That’s another discussion. The dude was always a ‘traits’ pick, mixed with some good (but not great) college production. His second year was stronger than his first… I’m still not betting the farm on his ascension to the top of the heap.

I’ll take Hutch, thank you. Just like on draft day. I’m so happy that Jacksonville passed on him…

Right. So can like 50 other NFL DEs

He had a 53.9 PFF grade in year two as the #1 overall pick. He’s more likely to be a bust than the best Edge in the NFL. He could take a monster jump considering his athletic traits, but he’s been bad for two years now playing alongside a stud on the other side … the trend seems to be he is what he is at this point and time.

All of the DEs taken in the first two rounds of the 2022 NFL draft:

Aidan Hutchinson 2023 PFF grade–91.0

Jermaine Johnson 2023 PFF grade-83.0

Boye Mafe 2023 PFF grade----------73.9

Sam Williams 2023 PFF grade------68.5

George Karlaftis 2023 PFF grade----64.0

Josh Paschal 2023 PFF grade-------62.1

Arnold Ebiketie 2023 PFF grade-----61.40

Kayvon Thibodeaux 2023 PFF grade-58.4

Travon Walker 2023 PFF grade-------53.9

Also insubordinate and churlish.