Jaguars just franchise tagged LT Cam Robinson

I’d rather win as many games as possible. I’m very much against tanking.

4 Likes

Ouch! Who do you think they’re taking, man?

Easy to say that this year. I mean the other leagues all have a draft lottery for a reason. Don’t tell me you would win a meaningless game if it cost you Connor McDavid.

This move points to jags trading out of pick 1OA. Willis at 1OA? Why not?

Honestly I thought for sure they would go OT if they stayed at 1OA.

So I’m guessing their trading out. But I still think OL is very much in play for them.

I’m 100% behind winning every game possible. Because of two reasons.

1. I think it’s easier to build on wins and harder to build on losses.

2. No matter where you draft you have to make good picks. So in my mind it shouldn’t matter if we pick 1OA or 32OA as long as we’re making good picks.

I’d love it if ppl were willing to trade up. I’d love for our guys to be able to trade back and get a nice haul. Doesn’t have that feel to me. It’s always so interesting to watch the dominos start to fall, once picks start being made.

Dr Strange could see MANY possible ways we could win in this year’s draft. As long as they take one of those paths, I’m good. Sure would be nice if Willis was the guy…AND worked out to be amazing.

Monster pass rusher would be great.
Adding many positions that dramatically improve the team speed would be a great outcome (WR and defense).
Even an OLmen that makes the OL invincible would be a good outcome.

The interesting thing though is that edge rusher really isn’t their biggest need. They’ve taken a couple the last few drafts.

Chaisson has 2 career sacks though…

Yet you are adamant that the Jags are banking on a guy that has 3…career starts.

I’ve continued to believe the Jags would go edge not so much because of the makeup of their team, but because the edges are much better prospects on tape. These tackles would go in the bottom of the top 10/the teens most years, they’re not nearly as pristine as most years. But the “Jags must protect Lawrence at all costs” narrative ran away with itself for a couple of months.

Now that’s not to say they won’t pick a tackle. I don’t think they should but teams think differently from me all the time, plus Baalke’s in charge and he’s proven his lack of an eye for talent over the years.

Cam Robinson has quite a few more starts than that.

I mentioned Walker Little as a guy they have invested in and may have a shot to win the job eventually.

On the other hand… having more than 2 edge rushers on the roster is not a problem… so having drafted 2 of them is not a deterrent… especially when 1 is nearing a “bust” status.

I’m down to between Ekwonu and Travon Walker when Hutch gets taken. People wanted to take Kyle Hamilton because he’s a freak and he’s not even that freakish. At least Walker is the real deal as a freak. I mean its way too much unproven production for a pick that high, but what the hell, at least he doesn’t take plays off.

Beating the Packers preseason team was a monumental win to close out the season for this franchise and for this regime. Going into year 2 they can upgrade to biting testicles.

1 Like

Except Hutchinson is no McDavid

When the Bears traded up to the 2nd overall with SF, this is what it cost.

San Francisco traded a first-round selection (2nd) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago’s first-, third-, and fourth-round selections (3rd, 67th, and 111th) as well as a third-round selection in 2018.

And that was just a swap of picks (2nd for 3rd).

1 Like

He should tell his agent i will sign tender now They could draft a OT an then pull the tag an teams will be low on Cap room by then or trade him at draft.

He should sign an go UFA next season.

1 Like

And that was immediately considered a terrible trade by the Bears…
so I am not sure it gives much of a “benchmark” to use.

Did you skip the other trades that happened involving similar draft position? Giving your “opinion” on a trade doesn’t change history.