Jake Bates: UFL kicker and Detroit Lions target is human after all | Sporting News

Jake Bates: UFL kicker and Detroit Lions target is human after all | Sporting News.

Wet turf but, to me, it didn’t seem excessively windy. Both misses went wide right. So, I guess his career as a Lion is over before it even started.

20mph cross winds at ~60 yards. Yea thats tough for anyone

2 Likes

Buy low!!

They were 58 and 62 yards…

He seemed annoyed with someone other than himself after the first miss. Curious what he has to say about it. The heavy rain seemed to let up before he went on the field. I honestly couldn’t tell there was that much wind happening, but that is significant. Just ask Eddie Murray.

1 Like

Strong GIF

I will worry about that for all the non dome games we play next year.

2 Likes

Both of Bates kicks were plenty long enough, even outside. The first one was a high snap, the second one just leaked right. The short 30 yarder, he drilled it over the net and the ball landed in the upper deck. I’ve got no worries about bringing him in. The guy will walk onto any NFL team and immediately be the biggest leg they’ve seen. People here still drool over Prater, and his kicks were always an adventure. He will be on an NFL roster in July. Hopefully here.

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

The Blue Bomber. In the D!

2 Likes

Jesus.

No, he’s our punter.

Fine. Apostle. Either fricken way.

Does anyone have a link to watch the kicks?

That may be the “football nerdiest” thing ever posted here.

And that’s saying a lot.

1 Like

This has the miss from 58, and the make from 30. It does not include the miss from 63 I think at the end of the half.

I watch Fox highlights all the time

3:30 mark

I saw the 30 yarder it was dead center an very long . The guy can kick they would find out at OTAs an mini camp how good they would work him outside also

1 Like

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office