Jalen Carter Lock Top 10

It’s hard watching a guy f up literally every step of the process, stacking bad decisions and red flags all the way.

It’s harder to watch fans wearing blinders, believing he’s some kind of hero he’s constantly proving he isn’t.

We need a DT. We don’t need Carter. He’s not aaron Donald. There are elite athletes at multiple positions available for the taking. We are an excellent team with or without this dude. There’s no compelling reason to accept this risk.

These threads remind me of that one f up we all know, that keeps making horrible life choices over and over. It’s both sad and predictable. We aren’t desperate. We can make better choices.

1 Like

I think hes a lock for the top 5.

If some website didn’t tell you that Jalen Carter was the MAN, then nobody would know….

It’s bad enough there are a half dozen red flags…… is he not elite athletically? Is he simply not competitive (Nolan Smith was pissed with his 4.39 forty?)…?

He spend a bit chunk of his NIL on track rates vehicle…. A vehicle he’s committed serious crimes with regards to speed and safety laws… at least twice- that first warning for 50 over wasn’t a wake up call…

Guns, Drinking and driving, drag racing, strip clubs, etc are all choices. We’ve all been 21- but lost teams would prefer to have a kid like Lawrence or Sauce in the film room vs the champagne room for their guaranteed millions.

—- no hyperbole…. I’ve never witnessed a college player do less on the field, prove less in testing, and make more bonehead decisions, and everyone still saw that person as a top 5 lock… NEVER

5 Likes

I WANT SHINY!
artworks-000204219137-93pcbh-t500x500

4 Likes

God rest his soul…. anyone who knew C Rog knew that C Rog was always likely to C Rog….

When somebody tires ti tell guy who they are…. Listen!

This isn’t about a kid from a rough neighborhood getting a chance in college. He’s already had that chance. In fact he’s gone to college for free, been paid to be there, and now clearly expects a 28M plus guaranteed contract. Yet he doesn’t seem to practice or study very hard, and clearly isn’t the best decision maker.

Many in here act like this is a movie and Carter would be sleeping on DCs floor and training with him like a rocky movie. I bet you DC hasn’t spoken to half the guys since January.

He will have to be his own man.

GA may well have won the Natty without him. They wouldn’t have without S Bennett

BC of his off the field stuff? Or is it your opinion that the player wouldn’t be in the top bucket?

1 Like

You aren’t going to see Kirby Smart down lineman with crazy production. It’s just not how the defense is designed

2 Likes

Stay away from this joker. He screams bust.

1 Like

I don’t think Carter is great at football. I think he was born with certain traits that could have allowed him to be great.

Deandre Baker
Isaiah Wynn
Sony Michel
Chubb
Roquan Smith
M Hardman
I Wilson
A Thomas
D Swift
Stokes
T Campbell
Ojulari
T Walker
Q Walker
J Davis
D Wyatt
L Cine
Pickens
J Cook

• take a look at D Baker, I Wilson, and to a lesser extent D Wyatt…. That’s 3 high draft picks in 4 years from Georgia that came out with character issues….

• I see Nick Chubb, Roquan a lot of let downs

2 Likes

IMO not one of those guys comes close to Jalen Carter as a prospect.

IMO Georgia players seem hard to scout.

3 Likes

I’m truly asking- what would have gave to do, or not do in order for to change your stance?

5 total sacks through 2 years and some off field shit?

1 Like

He is an end not a tackle. He weighs 265 lbs now. Kancey would weigh less than that if he burned off his belly fat.

Carter was widely regaurded as the bpa in rhe entire draft, period . The lame argument on his talent is unreal. I suppose then Anderson sucks, Young, Striud, Bijan.

The idea you can single out an obviously top 2-3 talent in the entire draft, claim he isn’t and still claim these other players are legit top talents, rated by those same experts is quite telling.

You have a leg to stand on to a degree on character. Yet again, a lot if hyperbole. He drive fast and broke the law, yep you do the same thing at 5 over, you broke the law. Serious crimes, lol, hardly. Misdemeanors, period end of discussion.

They will make a determination of his character in person and through rigorous back ground checks back to high school. If at that point they determine he’s worth the pick great, we get arguably the bpa in the entire draft, once again.

If not, they pass on him, then he clearly wasn’t a fit. Most likely didn’t have the love if the game they want. The one thing it won’t be because of is talent.

2 Likes

It’s everything. Taken on their own, nothing is overwhelming. Stringing it all together with nothing offsetting in a positive direction is what leaves me believing he’s down a notch or two. I don’t know who they’re going to pick, but I have my suspicions. I think they’re going to get a real jewel of a human and competitor with drive and determination. (Not ~that~ kind of drive :wink: )

2 Likes

I would want to have a conversation with two people before deciding if Carter should be the pick or not

1. Graduate Assistant Dline coach-one that is presumably naive enough to tell you the truth. Did this guy show up to meetings on time, was he dependable on the practice field

2. Lower level strength coach-how did he approach the weight room during the off-season.

I think most College coaches will tell teams the truth about a player, albeit privately and may not match what they say publically.

I think it is in their best interest to do so or they lose the trust of the NFL scouts and teams overall.

1 Like

The talent level is really quite rare and he’s precisely what this defense is missing. If we draft Carter and he hits we may just be in the Super Bowl as soon as next year.

4 Likes

I’ll give you the talent level. It’s there for sure.

You’d be surprised how often the truth gets stretched/hidden by college staffs

2 Likes