Jalen Carter Lock Top 10

He’s probably hearing from some team in top 10 that he’ll be the pick… Hoping it’s Detroit

8 Likes

Agree, his absolute floor is Tennessee at 11.
Skoronski and Nolan Smith in this range as well.

So that’s not a reach at 6

2 Likes

Lol could you imagine the titans D-line rotation?

2 Likes

I’m fine with whatever decision the front office makes either way. If they take him, I’m going to assume they did their due diligence and be enthusiastic about our new Lion. If they pass, I’m going to assume the red flags were too big to ignore.

That’s notwithstanding the the point that he may not even be there to be picked.

5 Likes
14 Likes

I love that he chimed in the way he did.

The Carter obsession that folks have is kind of weird to me. It’s like everyone sees highlights alone and disregards anything else. (full game tape, coaches commentary, player commentary, weight gain)

I am more convinced right now than at any other time that Carter is not in the Lions top bucket.

7 Likes

Drew Rosenhaus is a veteran agent, I would think he knows what he’s doing. But this seems sus. And arrogant. Not what you want to portray.

I suppose this is the same reason they don’t want to sell Lexus from the Toyota dealership. They think it devalues the car. Even though they’re both 100% Toyotas.

1 Like

We need him. My fingers crossed

4 Likes

Me too. He’s a guy you’ll have to ride constantly to get him up to acceptable standards, if that’s possible, and it’s not worth the blow to the team culture. The knee cap biters is real, not just a slogan.

3 Likes

My thoughts, maybe Lions will take him at 6 or Lions will move up to 3 which was my guess for sometime now and take Richardson and Arizona takes Jalen Carter at 6 after missing out on Will Anderson.

Carter is a a bit over hyped. His hype doesn’t match his production. He only had 3 sacks. The year before that same.

1 Like

Tuli Tuipulotu
has a career of 21.0 sacks- Tip does. Kancey , has a career of 16.0 sacks

Mazi Smith had 2.5 in 2022. Zach Pickens had 4 last season but can get to the QB at times …and has the highest career number of tackles I have seen at 131.

Tuli Tuipulotu had 13.5 sacks in 2022. 5.5 the season prior. He and Kancey are quite good getting to a QB !

1 Like

I want to overlook all the stuff surrounding him because he’s so talented and I think MCDC would let him know immediately what is expected, but this kid is just making it harder and harder.

Choosing to turn down talking to a team because they’re currently sitting 12th? Like come on, man. Who exactly are you and what have you done in this league?

Squat. You’ve done jack squat.

#1. There are 32 teams in the NFL financially capable of changing your life forever, and you’re ignoring 22 of them.

#2. Do you not love football? Do you not love winning? Because guess what, the team with the #28 pick has a lot better shot at the Super Bowl than the team with the #2 pick.

I think I’ve changed my mind. I don’t think I want this guy.

3 Likes

I love the fit of Jalen Carter on the Lions - it’s like a match made in heaven on the football field. With that said… the dude has failed the offseason at every turn. It’s been hard to watch. We’ll see what happens.

5 Likes

Will be a seahawk unless they trade up for a QB.

1 Like

Honestly if the Hawks take him - I’m ok with it. I can echo what was said earlier - I trust however the Lions deal with him since they clearly have WAY more access than any of us. But with all the red flags I absolutely would not trade up for him… so if he’s gone, fine, you’re still (at worst) getting the 6th best player in the entire country added to your team.

1 Like

Lock in the top ten is a given, right?

I want to hate this move but I kind of get it. His agent can better control the leaks this way. And its the teams that are picking outside of the range to get him that will leak the most garbage and potentially damage his clients draft stock.

Considering that his client is in a unique situation, this is a smart move.

1 Like

Oh, you mean Drew Rosenhaus, the veritable fountain of humility. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:. Let me refresh your memory…

That said, Seahawks went BIG at DT in Free Agency. So they’ve really just got a hole at DE, which is exactly where they’d play Anderson or Tyree Wilson… so there’s a chance that Carter could be there.

2 Likes