Jalen Carter Lock Top 10

Nope they signed Dre’Mont Jones to a hudge contract. They may go Oline and have there choice they may go QB to put behind Geno. And one of the DBs might be appealing.

Its why we think his agent decided on this strategy. Is it to limit his interviews to limit how much he has to do? Or to limit his exposure to mess up? This agent doesnt do this regularly so theres a reason for it.

2 Likes

Lol but that’s just it you have absolutely no Idea what that means to Dan. You all believed you knew Holmes and we would not being signing splash players , yet we did a lot. People changed or thought they knew what “selective” meant yet they were way off way way off. Your making him out to be a turd because he going through a really bad experience. And didn’t handle it well.

1 Like

Wants to find him a landing spot outside the top ten by limiting his contact? Teams won’t see for themselves how disinterested he is? Second level thinking!

Oops. I see you stole my thunder.

This is a bizarre move. I can’t see it as anything but a red flag. Either Carter is so egotistical he isn’t listening to his representation or Rosenhaus is scrambling to salvage his draft position.

Who in their right mind refuses interviews?

It’s very easy for a team picking at let’s say 20+, who really wants Jalen after interviewing him, to leak ‘info’ that only causes him to drop further, even if that info isn’t true. “REPORT: NFC TEAM TAKES PLAYER OFF BOARD,” These type of reports happen all the time.

It’s not hard to see why Drew might not want teams outside the Top 10 to visit with Jalen considering all the questions about him. Considering that he, as his agent, is going to get a nice little check based on that contract, too.

1 Like

Can you think of a single example of when this has happened/worked? Fans see things through clickbaity stuff and jump to conclusions. I doubt teams would ever fall for that. Oh golly! There’s a rumor the Bears took him off their board? We should take him off ours!

There was the Laremy Tunsil thing but that wasn’t leaked by another team.

If this is actually a thing that commonly happens there should be plenty of obvious examples.

I’d trade 6 and a 2nd to move over Seattle.

I mean, good teams wouldn’t. And you’d think NFL front offices are prepared come draft time, but there’s always: “BRIAN CALHOUN!” level shit that happens by bad teams.

So Rosenhaus is limiting interviews to maximize the likelihood his client will be drafted by a bad team?

I know that’s not what you meant.

I’m sticking with red flag here. None of these kids should be avoiding interviews. Much more likely someone loves him and trades up to get him after an interview. Unless there is really nothing to love.

We really need to move up for Anderson.

My main point on this is that, yes, it could be considered a red flag. In the ‘Why doesn’t Drew want teams interviewing him?’ aspect.

But reading through this thread and people pinning this on Carter like he’s the one who was like ‘Nah, I’m good with interviews’ is silly. He is doing what his agent is telling him to do. Whatever reason that may be for is up for debate, but I think it’s unfair to say with certainty that this HAS to be a red flag. That’s all.

Personally, I’m not sure the Lions take him even if he’s there. I like Carter and he fills a need, but I don’t know if he’s a ‘I sleep with a football in my hand’ kind of guy, which I expect any first round picks of the Lions to be.

1 Like

That was so bad. Thanks for the Calhoun flashback… lol

1 Like

A lot has happened since December, concerns from all levels have appeared.

I know the tape is impressive (the highlights at least) but when you watch him play, you see big inconsistencies. He’s a splash player but he’s also a player that disappears too often due to lack of second effort or just getting winded on first effort. I saw some red flags before all this stuff went down. It’s not like he was some perfect prospect before all this.

With that said, the talent level is obvious, he has very rare traits for his size and we’re talking about a Hall of Fame ceiling if he puts it all together but the bust factor is an usually high percentage for a top prospect. It’s quite a leap of faith taking him knowing all that we know now. A true “swing for the fences” pick.

1 Like

I think the biggest issue with Carter isn’t just the recent off field issue. It is the football character question mark, that may eliminate him from consideration.

1 Like

You mean the one we’re all his teammates say what good teammate and player he is. How could they possibly know him better then the guys on this board. They must not read here to know what there missing.

LOL, literally.

Sure, he can be a great teammate and a good player and have question marks on his football habits.

But like Dan said , maybe he wasn’t shown or know. It’s nothing that breaks the deal. That’s a reach

2 Likes

Thus, “the biggest issue or question mark” was predominant in my post with regards to football character. So I think they take the counsel of everyone from players to staff and being a good teammate is important no doubt.

So, tbd, if they haven’t already done so.

Well at least I know how you come up with your opinion now.
Middle Class Education GIF by Building Back Together

I think guys like myself simply don’t get “all the concessions” that Carter seems to be getting…

In my life, I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a player with less production get my unanimous support of being a “HOF talent.”

Gearld McCoys name was dropped in this thread… yet McCoy had 11 TFL and 6.5 sacks as a sophomore, and then 15.5 TFL and 6 sacks as a junior. Then McCoy had a great combine and killed the interviews….

Jalen Carter had 15.5 TFL and 6 sacks OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS!!! Then he got himself arrested for an incident that is at the very least… concerning! There have been whispers about his work ethic issues and how engaged he is at practice….

1. If Carter had Suh, Donald, or even McCoy or J Simmon’s college production, then some of this would be easier to overlook…

2. If Carter had the same production without the off the field stuff, then maybe the lack of participation at the combine and in testing would make sense…. “He’d have nothing to prove.”

3. If Carter had the meager production, and the off the field stuff…. BUT he came out and killed the combine or at least his pro day with a 9.3 plus RAS…. Then I could digest it.

• right now we know Jalen likes nice things, he likes to party, he doesn’t train or practice very hard, he doesn’t take the rules overly seriously, and we don’t know how elite his athleticism is…. We assume he was coached to only play 300 snaps- yet we saw him get winded and cramp in half a pro day work out.

Imagine how different this conversation would be if he had enlisted in one of those combine training camps (like many do) and then had an A Donald level workout.

• Suh and AD had 9.5 plus ras scores, were workout warriors and had insane production in college…
1 Like