Jamal Williams is trending on Twitter

I didn’t see that, thank you for posting!

That was pretty cool, not sure if that was a play on All That which was an old Nickelodeon show, not sure he’s old enough to remember or that was his generation - regardless a nice play on his name. Loved the theme song!

That dude is a character. I guarantee you when he retires (10 years from now with a few Detroit Lions SB rings on his fingers) he would have an instant career as one of the best former players on any talking head football show or as a color commentator.

Yeah and has the potential to blow up. Late, but confidence has a multiplier effect.

Are you really being yourself if you are wearing other people though?

1 Like

200w (1)

We miss Jamaal. Just had to let him go. Have too much talent at RB.
Dillon and Jonesy= Thunder & Lightning

Jamaal didn’t want to go…Will enjoy seeing him Monday Night. As will the rest of the team.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

That’s a catchy intro tune. Lol
Jamaal had some runs 1st game. Let’s see the Oline open some monster holes for his return to Green Bay.
Love to see us control the game with the run and Jamaal get a few TD’s

That’s a great question!

I guess probably not because you can’t wear yourself.

Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

1 Like

He’ll never be a star. He’ll never be a bell-cow. He’ll never be a lot of the things the fans on this board are dreaming about.

He’s an above average back with a great head on his shoulders. That’s really all we need out of him.

If you think Jamaal Williams has come to the Lions as a changed man, you must have never watched a Packers game before. Dude has not changed at all.

This does drive me a little crazy. Packers pay Williams peanuts. Then we pay him. We pay Wagner big money, then he signs with the Packers for peanuts and held up the RT position fairly well. I don’t even want to get into TJ Lang.

You’re just the better organization man! Other than the major salary cap problems right now. I can’t help but wonder if both Smith brothers are gone next year.

And I have to agree, I think Dillon has a better career than Williams. More athletic. Bigger. Faster. If he learns how to catch, watch out.

We signed him to a 2 year 6m deal. The Packers used a 2nd on Dillon. The Packers are primarily such a good organization Bc they’ve had arguably the greatest 30 year stretch of QB play in league history.

This is a little simplistic to me, but fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Definitely a whole lot more than the Packers were paying him.

Simplistic for sure but personally I don’t feel like they’ve had a sterling GM/HC combo since Wolf and Holmgren and that ended a long time ago. Their elite play at the most critical position in all of sport has IMO covered up some blemishes.

2 Likes

This is probably the best one they’ve had since then.

Rodgers doesn’t seem to agree

What do you think though?

It might even be argued
Just like it could be eith Lions and Calvin or Stafford

That GB wasting most of those seasons letting good talent go

While chasing SB appearances or wins but not getting there

While you have the most important position covered

Not sure. I don’t love their roster to be honest. I think it’s more of a 9-10 win roster that has played up due to QB play.

As for LaFleur, he does appear to be a solid coach but his lack of aggression down the stretch of the NFC championship game was borderline negligent IMO.

If only we had these problems.

A 9-10 win roster w/out taking the QB into consideration is pretty good IMO. Generally, teams do not win games without good QB play.

This is the truth but to rain on the parade a slight bit, I could see how he could be a little grating for some people who are actually having a bad day or just want to keep to themselves. Sometimes people just want to be left alone and I could see him being a bit much with the constant happiness/goofiness. I could see it being a bit much at times, for some.

With that said, he does seem like a great guy and certainly has a great outlook on life and an infectious personality. He’s a pretty darn good football player too if Week 1 is any indication.

I think this guy made a smart move by dipping more heavily into free agency. But I’m not sold on his drafting ability yet. He took a backup QB with a 1st round pick and he used another 1st round pick on an athletic DT pretending to be a DE and moved him to stand up rush LB.

1 Like