James Webb telescope

We used to think the earth was flat.

We used to think the earth was the center of the solar system.

Now some people think that the earth is the only planet capable of supporting life.

3 Likes

I was suppose to MC a concert with them at an old K-Mart in Waterloo, Iowa, back in the day. We had just done a show with country legend Kitty Wells in this place, I worked with the sound man and he had talked to their manager. We had the money and even though it was a quick turn-a-round to try and advertise we honestly would have covered the loss just to do the show. It was just too tight even though we were a great stop for their routing, I was bummed. Those guys were great.

2 Likes

And how predictive. I mean they rival the Simpsons in that regard.

If I recall correctly, within the first hour alone you had screens on the back of airplane seats as well as essentially face-timing, manned space stations, a pandemic, drinking food in liquid form to maintain health; using zero gravity to sleep (adjustable bases nowadays).

It’s insane how accurately they depicted some very real parts of our lives today.

Arthur C Clarke was pretty amazing, really.

Lets just hope he is wrong about Childhood’s End and Time’s Eye, but sharp on about Light of Other Days

Love this thread! Thank all and the OP!!

2 Likes

As I sat in wonder waiting for this event I couldn’t fathom just how much we would know this quickly. In other “space” news I flew into southern Texas Friday with a guy who was going to the space X launch.

I think they will be coming to eat us. Or enslave us. Neither are great options.

1 Like

Image result for soylent green

*Soylent Green is made out of people. * They’re making our food out of people. Next thing they’ll be breeding us like cattle for food.

Hopefully, they will fancy me as a stud. Though they will probably have some sort of machine to extract the semen directly from me. Boo.

I think the man-alien type, grotesque child eating monster is already here!!

1 Like

That’s a great flick.

Yes sir

They’re gonna have 100x teh technological advancement, hence more power, but they will fall in love with us, cuz we are such an attractive species. They will want to take care of us, as they are HIGHLY morally & ethically driven.

The temperature on our planet will seem very hot to these big, furry creatures, but they will come here to visit & take some of us with them (volunteers).
They will oust politically corrupt governments & insight much more peaceful & harmony globally. They will show us other planets we can inhabit & populate as well.

1 Like

I think they’ll eat you first.

I should consider getting more fit…cuz right now, I would be that prime cut ribeye/bacon cut…IF they are here to eat us!
:facepunch: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why don’t you want to eat me?
I’d rather eat Johnson…

honestly if aliens showed up and wanted to take care of us humans would try to kill them every chance they could get.

There’s a very nice top down structure economically here and a small section of humanity would convince enough gullible others to revolt.

Unless it’s like “V” and all our guinea pigs go missing.

1 Like

Missed this one…

2 Likes

Greatest film ever!

2 Likes

This was the impetus for my “spackled on to space rocks” comment above

1 Like