Jameson Williams liked a tweet suggesting the Detroit Lions should sign Lamar Jackson

Indeed. Though, its easier just to accuse others of no " self-awareness" all while not explaining why you are being accused of such.

The irony.

1 Like

You are dishonest. Goff and Lamar have the same numbers in the playoffs and they are both mediocre, you can’t deny it but rather then admit it you will focus on the fact that Goff has 4 tds and 2 ints compared to 3 tds and 5 ints for Lamar.

In what world is 7 turnovers the same as 2? Nevermind the fact the QB with 2 turnovers has also played more playoff games…

1 Like

I almost have to break out my Gibbersh to English dictionary for this post.

Im not being dishonest. You are just being obtuse. I said my standard was simple: Throw more TDs in the playoffs than Ints. Turnovers kill

That’s about as honest as it gets. If you want to babble about how everything else is as important or more important that’s on you

If you think the Lions should give up two first round picks and guarantee a 250 million dollar contract for an inaccurate run first RPO QB whose mom is his agent and who basically sat out a year because he was mad about his contract, good for you. But luckily for the Lions it’s never gonna happen

“serviceable” before it was he carried the team to the super bowl? Which is it? Your bias is so strong you don’t recognize at all how you twist and turn and make excuses that you call “nuances”.

Jared Goff has been what he has always been in the playoffs and that has always been my point. He is serviceable. You can win a lot with him. But when you compare him to the truly elite qbs in the NFL in the playoffs they outshine him in every single category and he is on the tier of Kirk cousins and Jimmy G. They are serviceable…

1 Like

Did you watch his game against the Titans? When they stopped him from running and forced him to throw it was a bloodbath. He couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. That game was over by halftime

In 2018 Goff did lead “carry” the Rams to the Superbowl. Sure had had help like every other QB that goes that far. But in 2018 Goff was the driving force.

And you’ll say it was McVay who was and thats true to a extent obviously. But my issue is you praise McVay for getting there but then point to Goff as to why they lost. Without applying equal application to McVay for losing. Thus the double standard.

@TNutZz I am not debating if he should come to Detroit. I have said he shouldn’t, at this point you wanna say Goff is better, fine whatever, that is YOUR take. I know plenty of people and read/listen/watch enough football to know that might be a minority take. I am simply saying hold Goff to the same standard. Stop deflecting and looking at Lamar and not looking at Goff. They both are mediocre in the playoffs.

and yes…the titans game was a bloodbath. He was bad. He is in that offense a classic “dare to throw” qb in the playoffs and he usually loses.

Taking shots? Really? Is that what you want to do? I could talk about your comprehension ability since I have stated multiple times already in this thread that he isn’t coming here nor should he. Posts you responded to. So don’t twist my words and insinuate I said something that I did not.

I like Goff better in this offense on this team. And I think he makes better decisions and has better character. I think on this team Goff has a better chance to go deeper in the playoffs

1 Like

Rather then cherry picking a stat here or there look at the entire playoff body of work and their numbers. They both under perform in the playoffs. You are focusing on the 7 to 2 turnovers I am focusing on the entire body of work. The completion % the yardage the lack of offense, the qb ratings, the overall lack of anything other than serviceable production.

Agreed.

You’re the one who first accused me of being dishonest because you couldn’t grasp the simple argument of ‘I like a QB who can throw more TDs than Int’s’.

I admit I certainly go down rabbit holes of arguing with people sometimes. But it seems like you come on this board pretty angry about dumb shit. Ever think about dialing it down just a little bit? Here, I’ll buy you a beer. Relax man, it’s all good

this offense is tailored made for Goff. It would make no sense to bring someone like Lamar in. It would require the line to block different, it would require the wr’s to play different. It could end up being a baaaad fit. Not a fan, was never a fan of the idea. Ever.

2 Likes

One could point out that you above in the ‘but in his SB run’ was also cherry picking

I think what most people fail to grasp re the use the term cherry-picking, is the argument should be considered and clarified and understood by both parties before premiss’ are introduced

If the argument is literally ‘QB X has more playoff turnovers than QB Z’ and the premiss is simply the data that supports that it isn’t cherry picking

If the argument is ‘QB X is better than QB Z’ then yes, much more data and context should be presented. A small subset of data would be cherry picking if other data, that doesn’t support the argument in hand, is intentionally ignored

But like we both agreed on above, I think Goff is a better fit for that the Lions are building. I don’t think anyone would argue that Jackson doesn’t have more raw physical talent than Goff. But IMO, a full scope of data would show Goff is a better QB for us and probably a better QB in general. Those are my opinions or course and relies on some subjective criteria. You’re welcome to a contrary opinion. And it would be nice to discuss without the instant hostility

Okay, explain. How am I cherry picking? I am looking at their entire body of work and saying this doesn’t look like a qb who carried a team to the super bowl and comparing it to other qbs who are elite and their numbers. I am showing the specific sb run bc of its body of work and example of inaccuracy as a thrower. Cherry picking is also when someone is disregards factual information that you are brining to a conversation and countering it with favorable information of their own to support their conversation and pretending as though what you said wasn’t said or it wasn’t important to the conversation.

I literally just explained that

Recall what I wrote about arguments. The term conversation is vague, A conversation can have multiple arguments and a conversation can lack direction or may not contain arguments at all

Cherry picking is when an argument is understood by both parties and the premiss’ used to support the mutually understood argument is selected to enforce the argument and other premiss’ (data) is intentionally ignored or suppressed

I’m repeating myself now, but if the argument is ‘Quarterback A throws less interceptions then quarterback B in the playoffs’ and the data (Premiss’) is the interception numbers, it’s not cherry picking

To answer your ‘how was I cherry picking?’ question, What I said was, it could be argued that when you presented an even smaller subset of Goff’s performance in the playoffs (his SB run) to modify his overall playoff TD to Int ratio, you were cherry picking. But what was really happening is you weren’t actually presenting a very clear and mutually understood argument.

That Patriots defense ranked 21st in the NFL in 2018 and gave up 359 yds a game