Jameson Williams liked a tweet suggesting the Detroit Lions should sign Lamar Jackson

20.3 points a game. 7th best in NFL.

Here, if it will please you let me modify my statement: ‘The 2018 Patriots had a top ten defense in points allowed’

That is not how defenses are ranked though. You can give up less than 10 points a game and more than 400 yds a game….but if your 400 yds allowed ranks 32nd in the NFL then your defense will rank 32nd in the NFL….that is fact!

Fact is Jared is a better QB then Jackson, if a coach takes these to to the board Jared will show to be Smarter. Jared will also win when it comes to reading defenses. Jared definitely wins the accuracy battle. Jared also isn’t a me first player and better teammate. Lamar wins the scrambling battle and QB runs.

1 Like

I haven’t had the fortitude to read this entire thread, but I’m glad I saw this. It triggered a funny thought. I remember people giving @wolfcub36 grief about not liking the like :heart: button…now here we are with people going all to hell over the fricken :heart: button.

Can’t make this stuff up. LOL!

1 Like

yards don’t win games. For example, when I was looking at Jackson’s playoff loss to The Titans I saw he had 500 all purpose yards.

Fantastic performance right?

Wrong. He racked up most those in the second half when the game was already decided because of his abysmal first half getting bottled up, missing everyone and committing three turnovers

Points matter more than yards

Defenses will try and slow Jamo down by using Splift Safeties in a Too High shell.

1 Like

@wolfcub36 was right the whole time!

My heart goes out to you tonight! You are so brave! So brave!

See….the truth in this is that we can’t change the narrative to suit our argument in this. The Patriots did have the 21st ranked defense in 2018….that is fact. They rank it by total defense and in any ranking order from any media outlet you will see the Patriots ranked 21st just in how the NFL ranks offenses and defenses.

1 Like

I’ll buy that….but you know they don’t rank defenses by scoring because of the fact that a defense can score and also SPTs can score. So that is why it’s called total defense….I actually agree with you that it should be points allowed….but that’s not the way they do it!

Well my narrative is simply they were a top 10 team in defense of points allowed. The data supports that narrative

these things don’t add up to him being a better qb…it’s part of the equation.

The defense that only twice gave-up more than 13 points in the last 9 games of the season?
During that stretch they averaged only allowing 12.7 points per game.
Take-out the 1 game where they gave-up 33 points to Miami and they only averaged giving-up 10ppg.
Yeah, they were awful.

Are you able to talk to people without mansplaining?

The “argument” was who was the better qb. You in your response to me cited his td to int ratio to Goff’s td to int ratio. I said and have said when you look at all their stats from their entire playoff experience they are similar. I did not cherry pick.

Ok Scoop

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Tricia  Grace

Lamar
Regular Season

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
203 326 62.3 2,242 6.9 17 7 75 91.1

Goff
STATS
Regular Season

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
382 587 65.1 4,438 7.6 29 7 81 99.3

It’s usually women who accuse people of that. And despite what you want my argument to be, I was pretty clear above about what it was

1 Like

It was a conversation based on a comment I made that Lamar was the better qb and you pull a stat and used it as evidence to the contrary and I pulled all the stats from the playoffs, it was a point you decided to comment on. You don’t get to make up the rules as you go along.

So this earlier just went right over your head then.

Again, at the risk of ‘mansplaining’, reference the difference between a conversation (with multiple or unfocused arguments) and an actual argument

I interjected with the specific argument that I don’t want any QB who has thrown more picks than TDs in the playoffs. The data presented directly supports that argument

As for is Goff better than Jackson. IMO, yes. But that’s a more complex discussion and as stated above would rely on some subjective criteria.

It did not go over my head. My comment was higher up in the thread. I initiated the conversation you commented on my thought.

If you don’t like 3 credible articles looking at mansplaining that does occur between men perhaps you will defer to studies down by the university of Michigan:

there is more research out there…

Well if you want to identify as a woman here for the sake of arguing I won’t judge. In fact it does explain a few things.

Allow me to change my tone…

I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. You’re totally right never mind what I said

1 Like