Jameson Williams liked a tweet suggesting the Detroit Lions should sign Lamar Jackson

This just seems to be another immature decision by Jamo. Has me really concerned whether he’ll be a bust or can mature and be the guy we all hoped he’d be.

2 Likes

I think Jamo knows he is getting scrutinized by the media a bit after DC and BH comments…

Keeping in mind that he couldn’t beat out Olave, G Wilson, etc so he took his talents to Tuscaloosa, and good on him, he balled out!

Now shut the hell up and ball out in Detroit… Let’s not throw shade at your Peyton Man of the Year nominee, and Pro Bowl QB because you had a rough start… WORK HARDER

2 Likes

I beg to differ. If Jax was replaced by Goff on the Ravens, they don’t stiff the playoffs IMO. Like us the year before, the Ravens were missing talent at running back and receiver

Or, it’s just flat immaturity and not realizing (or caring which would be worse) what message this sends the guy who will be THE MOST instrumental in how many balls he gets this year. Maybe think about how you would feel if Jared Goff liked a tweet calling for the Lions to draft a 1st round WR… Jared seems like a guy with a long memory, so this may not have served the young man very well.

5 Likes

Oh shit
A nothing burger about to explode into another 100+ comment thread …
Same As It Ever Was …

6 Likes

This is a really, really bad look for Jamo. Even if there weren’t other concerns, this would trigger alarm bells.

Forget about the idea of ‘liking’ a ‘tweet.’ It’s a show of support for a QB that would ostensibly replace the team’s current captain and and starting QB who just had an amazing year. Jamo knows that and did it anyway.

Calling it now: this ain’t gonna end well.

7 Likes

Special talent → for sure…just like Moss

…just like Moss

…just like Moss

Part of my faith in him “working out here,” is my faith in our coaching staff.
Think of it like Moss getting drafted into the Patriots locker room…vs Moss getting drafted by the Vikings

That’s probably as well as I can explain it. If something needs to be said, Dan is not gonna shy away from it.

Also, it’s not as black & white as ppl make it. Think levels & layers…Level 10 is beating a woman, carrying a gun/shooting @ someone, etc.
Level 1 infraction is liking a tweet…sure…not smart…also → not nearly as big a deal as some make it out to be.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t call throwing the starting QB under the bus on social media a nothing burger. The team will however probably pretend it never happened. For now…

1 Like

You had me with you up to this point. Trust Dan, my bro.

I do trust him, which is why I’m not sure Jamo will last long here.

2 Likes

agree implicitly…

some people on this forum really… really like shiny toys… so a top #2 OL… a #3, #2, #18, and #3 defense the past 4 years in a row… and a ton of resources thrown at TE, RB and WRs isn’t enough support? Again the guy before Lamar won the SB for them… so I doubt coaching is the problem… I am also not saying Lamar sucks… I’m saying that when he ends up in Atlanta and they go 8-9 and wasted all their cap space, and then in 2 years his legs fall off, and they have 2-3 more years of cap hell- then it will be clear he isn’t a “force multiplier”

Hollywood Brown
Rashod Bateman
Tylan Wallace
Devin Duvernay
Demarcus Robinson
Sammy Watkins

Mark Andrews
H Hurst
C Kolar

JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, K Drake…

There are plenty of 1st, 2nd, 3rd rd draft picks…

1 Like

You also said Stafford wasn’t a SB quarterback.

I tend to be skeptical of your opinion on QB’s

Tend to agree with you here Nate.

You can support a guy all you want but not at the expense of your teammate.

I’m glad you add IF
But I haven’t heard anything to suggest he’s not rehabbing.

Some of posts above sound so haterish. I can’t really imagine rooting for failure especially while on the team

@Lyonfan1 you admit your impatience looks like an issue in judging DC BH

Because even the best GMs have picks that don’t work out but it doesn’t sink the team.

Jamo was a rookie with an injury. The lions took time leaning into a healthy Sun God as a rookie and he was healthy.

It just seems a little … negative ? … by filling in these stories to paint it the absolute worst when the leader of lions WRs ( Amon ) seems impressed with Jamo.

there’s as many signs and examples that he could also work out as the “whispers” of all he did wrong.

The lions work hard to identify this type so while every player may not succeed on the field

Why and how do you think they “mis evaluated” that part so spectacularly if what you say is so obviously true ?

Don’t you think they saw him dressing like “a thug” at the draft and they drafted him anyways ? I thought he was just dressing at the draft
Didn’t even consider him to look like a thug. But I’ve been around a lot of people who dressed like that who weren’t “thugs”

1 Like

I really believe that’s why this staff keeps talking about being selective and a fit for there team. I think they went more with overall talent and a playermaker ability and are now alittle disappointed in the actual fit here. They are a young group also there probably saying we not going that route again, that why the whole, out of 30 interviews only 4 had the it factor. That it factor just moved up the scale.

4 Likes

We’ll actually if you look at Atlanta history under blank

If they do that move
The team is more likely to bounce into their third Super Bowl

Since that’s what art blank and Atlanta do

Sorry Natty but you and I both know Holmes and DC do NOT bring Moss and his attitude to this team if Moss was in the league at this time
He would not fit the team culture

Like I said earlier, I expect DC to sit him down and have a nice discussion with him if that hasn’t already happened

2 Likes

It just smells like he is a dipshit and either This Culture will elevate him or vacate him.

So far?

Episode 8 Ugh GIF by Law & Order

3 Likes

Getting some T.O. vibes. Heavily insinuated Jeff Garcia was gay. Heavily insinuated Donovan McNabb was a choker. He did love Tony Romo though. That’s his QB.

really good post!

My gut tells me that A) we won’t be as liberal picking players who are hurt at time of draft… B) we won’t be taking players based on perceived talent along moving forward…

I think Holmes will learn a lot from Levi and Jamo…

To be clear I am not suggesting either is done, though it’s looking more and more probable with Levi

2 Likes