Jamo takes Stafford's number

Can you name a better quarterback in the Lions history?

2 Likes

I don’t debate any of those facts. But wasn’t a great first half QB. So those passing yards happened mostly because he was partly responsible for not scoring TDs in the first half. Also, when he was drafted, we were just beginning the passing dominant era after coming off the dominant rushing era. Point is, the Lions weren’t really very good at passing before. Nor was there a real need to during the Barry era.

But, I’m cool with it. I just don’t understand it.

I definitely get what you’re saying. Do you attribute Stafford’s first half struggles to coaches and schemes or Stafford himself? He only really had a handful of playoff caliber teams to work with. The only year he had a nice run game was when we had the Joique Bell/Reggie Bush 1/2 punch. The only time we were ever relevant is when Stafford just slung it.

2 Likes

Him. He was wildly inaccurate. His off platform throws were rarely off target. But, by the middle of the third, he would find his groove. That’s why his comebacks are legendary.

Honestly if you go back and watch some of those games pay attention to how many 3rd and longs Stafford had to deal with on a consistent basis. Run the ball for no gain or loss on first down, dropped pass or penalty on second down, fail to convert 3rd and long, rinse and repeat. Stafford wasn’t perfect but was playing against a stacked deck most of the time. How many times did we see the offense driving the ball well only to have a stupid penalty derail the entire thing? The lack of scoring wasn’t just on Stafford.

3 Likes

Except thats not true. The 2nd qtr was his best yardage wise, while throwing only 2 TDs less than the 4th qtr. His 1st and 2nd halfs are nearly identical. Having more yds in the 1st half and just 1 less TD than in the 2nd half

2 Likes

has any team retired a jersey of a player who demanded a trade?

He chose the number 9 bc it’s short for 9mm. You know, bc he’s a member of the Bloods.

3 Likes

Simon > Mr. Peabody

Marcus Allen?

the stats really don’t support this theory….

2 Likes

Barry, Moore, Johnson, Stafford.
Of course, he’s a Lions legend. The best QB we’ve had in the modern era, and it’s not even close.

6 Likes

Watching the games, I thought different. In key situations when a pass completion was needed, I’d find myself yelling at the screen because of a missed pass or overthrown interception. But I can’t argue with the numbers. So I won’t.

Good job!

C’mon wives, don’t disappoint

1 Like

Maybe, you should look at Olinemen that can’t block. Maybe, look at Defenses that can’t hold a lead.
Football is a team sport! And yes, Stafford could have won a Super Bowl here, if he had a complete team around him.
He got cheated out of the only opportunity he had here with the worst officiated game in NFL history (Dallas).

Come on ref lovers, show your colors.

1 Like

Now, now, you’d learn to like game, no big game calls going your way, lol

He was the same QB at Georgia than he was in the NFL. He hasn’t changed. When you’re not used to greatness, good looks just like it.

Looks fellas. This is my opinion. I can’t debate my opinion. So please stop thinking that you can change my perspective because you love him.

Whatever number he wears, DB’s are going to have nightmares from it sprinting away from them.

2 Likes

Stoney Case