Jamo talks about his suspension

Doesn’t say anything groundbreaking but he didnt shy away from the questions either really. Seems like a decent guy…just needs a little guidance maybe.

3 Likes

Said he wasn’t aware of when he violated the rule or where but accepts NFL’s decision and is excited to be back with his teammates. Jamo definitely seems less polished than a pro, but also seems like a nice kid in this clip. He messed up, accepts the consequences and is moving on. I think I’ll let 'em.

3 Likes

Seems to be owning up to the screw up. Answered most questions and props for not being baited by a couple of reporters. Really seems to want to put this crap behind him.

On a side note, thinking the hammer will fall in a few other camps and hopefully (in Jamo’s case) the sentence is reduced.

Pure homer angle there…

3 Likes

I guess it was inevitable that the media was going to focus their questions about his suspension, but it felt like they were hounding him a bit. Let’s let him get onto some football talk now.

3 Likes

He was smart not to answer where he was when he was caught gambling. It might have been somewhere different than what the league suspended him for and they might have given him more. Never volunteer information to the authorities. I don’t know. I don’t remember. Great answers.

8 Likes

The lady made it clear she wasn’t mad, just disappointed.

A shut mouth catches no flies

1 Like

Jamo spoke at length, starting at 16:26.

Kid’s gonna be fine. “I"m not a gambler, I’m a football player.”

Hilarious bit where O’hara asks him what it’s going to feel like playing vs. KC.

I"m not playing. This guy right here. :joy:

4 Likes

Is that Kenny G in the front? Not Golladay.

1 Like

when I was a kid I did some wild chit , even though I knew it was wrong , I did shit weather it was wrong or not , even illegal things., but i grew out of it all, in fact I’ve never had a traffic ticket, been in a car accident, or ever been arrested. I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t smoke anything , I never use drugs that were not scripts, I pay for what I want and need in life or go without. my point is Jamo was a young kid a prospect, a guy that probably thought he could just play football the best he could AND could do what he wanted with his income to…HE probably never considered the league had rules against betting and gambling, until he got smacked in the face with this punishment. I’m all for his return and hope he learned, and we won’t see anything but good playing from now on…not offseason BS out of him again.

4 Likes

Actually, she made it clear that she wanted him to feel “disappointed in himself.”

Feeling bad about a mistake and feeling bad about yourself are two different levels of feeling bad. I didn’t like her energy.

1 Like

This is not possible. The punishments are pre negotiated by the nflpa. There is no way to change the punishment at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.