Jared Goff remains elite at one style of throw

1 Like

They’re beginning to get the verbage right, although, it seems like they are still choking on it a bit.
He’s doing a lot of “elite” shit. 359 passes without an interception. Coming off his 3rd Pro Bowl in 7 seasons.
Beat two HOF QB’s in their own house the last two games in a row, one of them the Super Bowl champs.
Goff is a very good QB.

5 Likes

I thought Goff was pretty solid week 1. A couple drops hurt him, and then we also had a couple balls batted down by D-line. We had 370 yards of offense and had a lot of missed chances. Could have been a much better day offensively. Marv’s first fumble in 12 years cost us 3, maybe 7 points.

2 Likes

I’m still amazed at the success Goff has had, without ever adopting more conventional throwing mechanics. His hand is under the ball when he throws his wobblers, rather than the Tom Brady (and every other good QB) style of being more on top of the ball with what Brady calls the C grip.

He’s also remarkably thin and looks like he’s never really hit a weight room.

But what do you say to a guy who doesn’t throw INT’s, and has won 9-11 games, and just beat KC on the road.

Not much.

1 Like

Goff’s got the dad body going on. Skinny legs, almost no shoulder develop and a bit of soft mid section. But who ■■■■■■■ cares, if he’s accurate with the football and we keep winning.

He also seems to do pretty well when it comes to the ladies. :smiley:

1 Like

Goff has an enzyme deficiency that makes it hard for him to bulk. He has to eat more calories than normal to keep on weight.

2 Likes

edit ladies → lady

He’s 1/1 there… I’d like to see him with at least 4 more to ensure it’s not just an outlier.

Guys… SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :joy: Can we please stop mentioning this? It’s already bad enough when he’s five throws away the announcers with say something and boom pick-6.

@Nate , can we program the system to just change the text to “don’t know what you’re talking about” any time this is mentioned in any manner of thousands of word combinations? :rofl:

I’ve heard he was pretty successful with McVay’s lady too :wink:

Isn’t he like 6’4” 217? Looks more like a basketball player.

1 Like

Probably be that white guy off the bench that only shoots 3’s. No defense played, can’t attack the basket, just firing up 3’s from deep. That would be Goff playing b-ball for sure.

He has the accuracy for it. Apparently he played basketball in HS and was a pretty good shooter.

1 Like

He told ARSB he can dunk and would wear him out in bball. Lol!

Goff likely has about a 25 inch vert. He might need a trampoline to dunk.

He’s good on the in-breaking routes because he faces a ton of cover 1 and that’s the weakness of cover 1. That’s why the opponents attacks us the same way when we run cover 1.

KC lead the league in blitzing and they play a ton of Cover 1 and Cover 4. The best way to attack those defenses is with an in-breaking dig or slant route. Which just so happens to be one thing that ARSB is good at.

Teams play cover 1 against us because we do not have the outside WR’s to expose cover 1. You need big physical receivers that can win those crowded out patterns. Insert Jameson Williams here.

We need another big bodied WR that can win 50/50 balls in crowded spaces. Marvin Jones was always fairly good at that so I have hopes he can help us in that dept.

Until then Goff will continue to attack the middle of the field.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.