Jared Goff’s passing chart shows where the Lions offense is limited

This is who Goff is and has been for the last 2 years.

I’ll pick it up.

What is Goff supposed to do with this Hodgepodge receiving core!

3 Likes

I’m just wondering what position Goff plays on defense that allowed for the 2 last second FG’s that lost the games for us?!?!

Really, this team is 2 plays away from being 2-3. Not that it’s like we’d be heading for the playoffs with these 2 wins or that it would somehow mean this team is better than what it really is.

If it wasn’t for these defensive blunders and a record-setting FG, would posters be heralding Goff for these come-from-behind wins? Would posters be heralding Campwell for setting Goff up for these wins?

4 Likes

At this point, listening to Mouse say he’s a fan of Goff’s is like listening to Iggy or ESPNbaby saying they were a fan of Stafford.

1 Like

Well listening to you about Stafford is exactly like Iggy and ESPN baby. It’s funny all the things you ran Stafford down for you now use as excuses for Goff.

And dude just once get the story straight and don’t make stuff up, I never said I was a fan of Goff’s , what I said is I’m waiting to see, and I also said he has been just as advertised. Also I hope he gets better he’s young and most his issues is coachable. And Goff has been good one half and bad one half in most games. So I don’t have to blow him for his avg play like you to be in his corner or hope that he succeeds. I don’t expect you to understand this because like most things here it just goes over your head. Your to busy trying to pretend your so smart you miss most things poster say.

In this game, Goff attempted nine passes on third downs. Not a single one had enough air yards to attain the yards needed for the conversion:

• 3rd-and-9: Incomplete pass to KhaDarel Hodge, 2 yards from LOS
  • 3rd-and-5: Complete to St. Brown for 13 yards, 0 air yards
  • 3rd-and-6: Complete to Cephus for 4 yards, 4 air yards
  • 3rd-and-8: Complete to Cephus for 21 yards, 6 air yards
  • 3rd-and-10: Complete to St. Brown for 8 yards, minus-1 air yards
  • 3rd-and-7: Incomplete to Trinity Benson, 3 air yards
  • 3rd-and-5: Complete to D’Andre Swift for 2 yards, 0 air yards
  • 3rd-and-6: Complete to St. Brown for 2 yards, minus-2 air yards
  • 3rd-and-10: Incomplete throwaway on a screen, minus-1 air yards

Not spin. Just Ugly.

our recivers are worse than a mid major runs out there on Saturdays now that Cephus is toast.

2 Likes

Yep, that much is apparent…and yet when Wes called you out on it, you argued.
It seems you only come here to argue and complain…but I’m sure you’ll argue that too.
Pretty sad really.

1 Like

Freudian slip? Campwell? You would be stuck on Caldbell, would you?

While I agree with you, it doesn’t change some of the negatives that he has to change.
Fumbles have been and are an issue even if 2 wins are in the books that fact doesn’t change.

I think he is here for two more years no matter what. He has been successful before and he will get the chance in Detroit to recreate that success. Right now there are items he has to improve at and I think we will see some of that come as he gets more familiar with the scheme and thinks less as Manning pointed out.

And of course there are issues at every position group on this team meaning he is in the same boat as everyone else, well minus the one Fox on the team. Young db’s need to get better, DL OL WR’s LB’s.

Improvement is what this season is about and for me, its about watching the coaches and how they handle and manage what has been and will continue to be a tough season from a W/L perspective.

3 Likes

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that one. I was kind of proud of it to be honest. LOL
A lot of dudes on here think we should have kept Caldwell because he supposedly put us in a position to win at the end, that’s what Campbell has been doing, kind of…but the defense keeps letting us down.

1 Like

Lol that’s you bro, your always telling people what they think because you can’t understand anything with out a stat sheet in front of you and they just usually confuse you like you always throwing up his completions % with out taking in account that he’s throw 5 yrd passes , and Wes didn’t call me out your so funny he just said I don’t like Goff . I guess to some if you talk about his short comings you don’t like him. You makes excuses for him that you disregarded for Stafford you play both sides of the field trying desperately to make people think your knowledgeable about the game, most poster laugh about it. You can ignore his play on the field and blame everything on his WRs “witch listen closely” are not the best but even so he has missed alot plays to the point they write about it weekly. I know your running around in your Jared Goff PJs as we speak.

Caldwell as Lions Head Caoch

2014 11-5
2015 7-9
2016 9-7
2017 9-7

He did not put them in a position to win, they actually won games. Can we at least give the man credit for that? The last two years with a GM who didn’t want him as his head coach. Couldn’t wait to get rid of him for HIS guy.

Love him or hate him, Caldwell won games. Many believed he wasn’t going to get them to the next level.

1 Like

Even Campbell said this is a problem.

1 Like

Snaggs has habbit of running down good coaches, hell when the Stafford trade happen he was making jokes about McVay (who’s laughing now). I called him out on it and he just did the ole little side step.

I’ve heard some stuff on McVay myself. Announcers during games criticizing him for talking continuously until the mic cutoff to Goff, thus limiting the time he had to call plays, read the defense, make adjustments. Not sure which year that was though in their marriage.

That was one of the things Peyton mentioned in the game they did. Goff is taking/losing too much time with the wristband and getting the plays called since he’s still not fluent (my word) in the offense. Things should get better as he becomes more comfortable in it.

4 Likes

It’s still comical that people make fun of winning coaches. If you ask me.

And the stuff on Goff is real , his x coaches talked about it ,his new coach talked about it , the press has been all over it. And many poster here see it. But all he keeps doing is throwing out a completion % and or a passer rating. That’s why I say stat just confuse him.

I think part of that goes back a few years ago when McVay would have his offense run up to the line with over 25 seconds left on the play clock and then see what the defense was doing and then call the audibles…but maybe you’re referring to after that even.
There’s some posters from the Rams board that are very critical of McVay and would know more than I would about that…and McVay’s other short-comings.

I know I’ve seen plays after that where they stayed in the huddle to the 15 sec mark with Goff not saying much of anything, you can tell he’s listening and if talking, he’s talking to McVay. Once the mic cuts, he get started with the play called.

Somethings announcers would blame McVay, sometimes they’d blame Goff for not calling the play sooner.

Have not seen that with Stafford in LA. Not that I’ve actively noticed anyway.

1 Like

And here we are with you throwing-out an article showing stats…and explaining some of the reasons for that.
Again, even if Stafford was still here I’d be giving him a pass on these stats unless Goff had CJ, Tate, KG, or even a Marvin Jones to throw to.

But regardless, it’s obvious all you want to do is spread hate on Goff. I don’t really care, I’m not going to argue with you.
Have a great day!

Do they have mics in helmets? I thought they only had a speaker to listen.