Jared Goff’s passing chart shows where the Lions offense is limited

I’ve been doing some mock ups on the machine at Draft Network. I think we can get two or three really good players easily on defense. Seems like a good year for edge rushers and secondary. We could also get a WR pretty high.

IMO, we should think about trading back if we can’t land Thibs. Easier said than done (every year its a good idea LOL).

1 Like

Triple trade back. Get 2 starting WRs from FA, then the following season, Draft a brand new Defense with our 4 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders.

I’m such a child over the draft. I truly have no clue WTF is going on, and just try to have fun w/it.

Haha! I pretend to know what I’m doing but I really don’t :rofl: :rofl: I do spend a lot of time looking at these prospects though. More than I should probably.

1 Like

And, as I always bring up… there are 31 teams that fail every season: only one winner

If we had a team that went 10-7 for the next ten years but never made it to the SB…. How are they truly different from a team that’s 1-16 for ten years in a row?

Using a benign interpretation here; nothing

I liked JC…. And even wished now with hindsight’s we’d have kept him but

Until we have HC and leadership team that wins a SB, does it really matter?

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Well, for one thing, fans know that they have a >50% of seeing their team win, which would be nice. I made a thread earlier this year about how I don’t care if the Lions lose this year, as long as they play well. And that’s true… but I’d still rather see them win. 10-7 is a lot more entertaining than 1-16, especially if the games still matter in weeks 17-18.

1 Like

I saw something online where someone said,“It feels good to finally see Matt Stafford play meaningful games in October.”

Ha!

I get the emotional attachment

I have it as well….

But…. In the end …. If your team doesn’t win the SB, it is still a failure…

Sadly, in the Lions case, even that was screwed up by MP and BQ…. Using 9-7 as a failure … as it technically was… for the wrong reasons…

It’s like the Bills when they got to championship game four years in a row: it’s looked at as a failure…. pats go 16/0 and get to the SB and lose: failure perspective only is seen now days….

Winning the SB is the goal and that’s it: hence the benign interpretation thingie :crazy_face::+1::pray::heart::upside_down_face: