Jarrad Davis trade to steelers...is it a possibility?

Would trade Davis

Still want to be a buyer ar the deadline

Any draft pick is a win

We disagree plenty but I’m with you 100% here. Parsons is a Ray Lewis style game changer. In fact, I think linebacker is underrated as a whole. Virtually all of the great defenses of the past 50 years were led by great linebackers, they’re the straw that stirs the drink. With Parsons we’d have a top ten defense every year, he’d be that influential.

1 Like

I agree 100% - most of the great defenses had not one but two quality LBers. The Lions LBer Corp has been horrible for far too long. Parsons really is that good too. The one silver lining of a poor season is that it may put us in position to draft him. He’s going to go high in the next draft.

Gonna have to pay more attention to this Parsons kid…

1 Like

He opted out of the 2020 season because he knew he was a top 5 pick and wanted to prepare for the NFL draft. So unfortunately we won’t get to see him play this year. But here is a highlight video for you.

1 Like

He was at a Nebraska Friday Night Lights camp going into his senior year in HS. Parsons asks if he can hop in and run routes as a WR in a drill they were running. And at 238lbs he just completely roasts several 4 star CBs. The take from that night was not just his speed but that he changed directions like a 185 lb kid. Dude is an absolute freak.

Parsons in round 1 and Paris Ford in round 2 would be sweet. Those two would both be really fun to watch.

Though we’d probably have to be buyers in free agency at WR if we’re going that route.

Tanx for the link, Air.

1 Like

Right. He’s gonna set the combine on fire, provided there is a combine. I’m hoping positional value drops him a little a la Kuechly, Willis, Roquan Smith, but then the Bucs took Devin White at 5 overall, and to me Parsons is ten times the prospect White was. The QBs should push him down, especially if Zach Wilson rises as high as I think he might, and he’s not going ahead of Sewell from a positional value standpoint, and Rousseau’s athleticism could be tempting for the same reason. I think he’ll probably go in the 6-8 range.

I like Ford. You can tell that kid loves to play football. I wouldn’t hate that pick one bit …but… do we need a safety? And … don’t you think those hard, physical hits may lead to more injuries? That’s my concern for him.

Personally I think we need a run stuffing DT and I think there’s a few in this draft that could be a value in round 2-4.

Parsons is my favorite player in next years draft.

Tyler Shelvin is one of the best run stuffers to come out in years, on par with Vita Vea. Doesn’t offer nearly as much against the pass which is why he could drop to rounds 2-4. I’d love to add him.

That makes two of us.

1 Like

I agree. I think Parsons is going in the second half of the top 10 provided that there is the usual exodus of elite underclassmen

1 Like

He’s one of the guys that I’m talking about who we could get in rounds 2-4. There’s a few guys similar to him that are big bodied, space eating types. I really like Davis from Georgia too. He might be the best of that second group. There’s also guys like the kid out of MSU who aren’t too bad.

I think this upcoming draft doesn’t have a lot of top shelf NT/DT types that can both stuff the run and get after the passer. but it does have a pretty solid second group. I prefer to get a real disruptive force to man the middle of my DL.

Of the versatile all around types the one I’m looking forward to seeing play the most this year is the Alabama NT/DT Barmore. He caught my eye last year. He looks to be a real disruptive type but hasn’t had a ton of opportunities to shine in that deep rotation. Depending on how he does this year he could be a solid round 1 guy.

I love Tufele from USC too. He’s the disruptive, explosive type but he’s not as dominant at the point of attack. Wilson from Florida is probably the most dominant all around guy in the draft. I’m pretty sure Wilson will be the first NT to get drafted but I think there’s a chance Tufele Or Barmore could slide to round 2. If one did I’d jump to get them.

Oh man I think Barmore goes much higher. He’s jumping off the screen every time I watch them, even in the high-scoring games. The concern was could he handle the starter minutes, and I think the answer is a resounding yes. He’s got the sort of build that will get him in the first round too. I know right now he’s seen as a 2nd round-ish guy, but I think that changes by draft day.

Tedarrell Slaton out of Florida somehow manages to look in shape at 6’5, 360, he’s a total freak, but he has yet to put it all together. If he does he could be a real force. From a size and skillset perspective, he reminds me of Haloti Ngata, though those skills are nowhere near as advanced.

Kalimba Edwards was a hybrid DE/LB that was moved around in college and should have been moved around in the pros. He broke his leg to end his college career. In a genius move, we took the guy with the broken leg and instead of working to get him back to where he was, we made him pack on a bunch of extra weight on his repaired leg and made him play DE full time. Its almost like taking Isiah Simmons…coming off of a broken leg…then making him bulk up to 275 lbs and forcing him into being a full time DE. And the people who made that decision were paid millions to come up with that plan.

Like I said I’m really looking forward to watching him play this year. He has some serious potential but he has to put it on tape consistently first. I definitely think that he could go top 15 if he has a great year but if he struggles some I think he could go round two… but it’s possible he stays in school too. It all depends on the year he has.

I thin Aziz Olujari has a shot at going very high if he comes out. If we’re looking for a tweener edge type we could do much worse.