Jason Garrett just became available

Possibly…but this is why Garrett was fired, right?!?
I do think that Garrett was a victim of bad WR play too. KG has sucked, even the announcers were ripping on him the other night for not blocking and not performing up to his money. Toney has been hurt most of the year and is a rookie. Plus, Jones kind-of sucks anyways.

:laughing:…Love Dan O…dude be spot on!

Now that I see the play itself (and not just the still shots) I think I see the play design. The slot on the right is clearly running a pick/rub route to the defender. The outside receiver on that side seems to try to flash himself in front of the defender, which I’m assuming is supposed to be the cheese on the play and take the defender with him as he goes on his route. The RB runs the wheel route to take the flat defender with him. And all of that is designed to create space for the slot on the left to cross the field, catch the ball and have room in the flats to turn it up field.

The play is a disaster because unlike Patricia, the Bucs didn’t do what was expected of them. So the extra defender(s) in coverage turned it into a screwy looking play. When McCarthy would make a mistake like that, the play would still work and it wuld make McCarthy look like he called a good play. The GB receiver running the pick would have done it more smoothly. The guy running the cheese route would have been more convincing. The quick pressure would have been nullified by Rodgers manipulating the pocket and that would have bought enough time for the crossing receiver to get out of the turd pile and break open. But the key is Rodgers buying time, which is why McCarthy’s playcalling never looked as good without Rodgers.

1 Like

Will Hernandez… who gave up the pressure to Suh in less than 3 seconds on the play… perfection.

He scored 100%… 191/191.

1 Like