Javy Baez having worst season in MLB history

At thr time, wanted Seager or Lindor. Then Semien. Then Baez, then Correa.

Baez is two years older and has completed crapped the bed as a Tiger:

Outside of 2018-2019, he has never really been that good of a hitter.

Now, he’s the invisible man on the basepaths because he’s almost never there.

True, it was his D and clubhouse energy that boosted his stock over his mostly but not fully plus bat

1 Like

20/20 hindsight is easy, terrible signing.
I suspect, hope, he will be let go next ST or at the deadline 2025.

Wildcard is if the Tigers get a ss that is close to MLB ready in whatever trade they make, if any.

Edit: He isn’t a Harris Signing so I suspect they won’t have a problem letting him go when they have a replacement they are happy with.

Sadly Eddys Leonard hasn’t been healthy enough to warrant a promotion

I continue to ask this question… but when do these fully guaranteed long term free agent contracts in mlb actually work out well? It’s rare.

Someone must be collecting such data… where are the nerds? :smiley:

nerds GIF

1 Like

We were probably better off sticking Eric Haase out there at shortstop and letting him blast balls around the park while kicking four a game

1 Like

Trade Javy for Vlad and the other young guy? Close to a salary wash…right?

1 Like

If you pay 90 percent of Javy’s remaining contract the jays will give you 3 bottles of Canadian maple syrup, 7 coupons for buy 1, get 1 free poutine, expiring soon, and 1 prospect at rookie ball named Suxksma Johnson :joy:

1 Like

After the Miguel Cabrera flop at the end of his career, I thought it was a terrible signing at the time for the same reason I didn’t want Correa on a 10 year deal either:

Miggy was all about Mike I loving his superstars, his contracts rarely made sense. Fact that DD was able to flip Prince was amazing.

Mike I’s FA philosophy contracts also hamstrunged Avila along with DD’s lack of analytics and purging the farm annually.

2 Likes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

2 Likes

for some reason…,

this made think of my favorite medication name.

It is a med used to reverse paralytics in the operating room….

called Sugammadex.

Normally pronounced “soo-gamma-dex”……

but has occasionally been mispronounced as….

“sugga-my-dex”…… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes