Jeff Okudah 5th year option

Okudah has also been doing a great job, that I’ve noticed, in making solid tackles one-on-one, in space

1 Like

The 33rd Team
@The33rdTeamFB
Justin Jefferson went OFF in Week 1, but since then?

62 yards, 9 receptions, 0 touchdowns

@RichGannon12
on what’s going in with the #Vikings’ star WR :arrow_down:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1574806573787930624

Gannon is suggesting that we didn’t double him all day and Okudah did well against Jefferson.

1 Like

yep… no help in the same zip code on that play….

I’m good with that. Let him lock up the #1 target. We’ll get the turnovers when they throw to 2 &3. :grin::+1:

How did this:

Turn into this:

Da fuq?

I think some of us are still waiting to see examples of “all the double teams”….,

1 Like

They def had brackncoverage on him and gave Okudah help over too so he could play aggressive press on JJ down low… even in your screenshot that safety is in great position to take away the post and corner of JJ breaks it back out.

1 Like

Arjun Menon

@arjunmenon100

·

Follow

Replying to @arjunmenon100

some added notes to this that I just checked. Of Jefferson’s 44 routes run vs the Lions, we have 14 routes where he was either bracketed or was in single-man coverage with help (31.8%). He was targeted on 2 of these occasions

3 Likes

My man Okudah is doing his thang! Happy for him, and the team.
He’s SO good in run support too. Better tackler than you’d expect from that position.
Hope this cat can stay healthy…his play on the field WILL improve.

2 Likes

Here’s a great article by someone who watched the entire game on the all-22

6 Likes

Do we want a second El Jefe?

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1573464246091923456?s=46&t=muo5Ea8WPD5NogvexUZcZw

That’s a good read thanks for posting. So we have a plus player in Okudah and plus players in Hutch and Rodrigo.

Why is our defense such a train wreck? We’re on track to be worse than those Patricia atrocities. I’m starting to think Glenn is just a bad DC

Not bad for a “slow corner”

https://twitter.com/theoashnfl/status/1574528932702867456?s=46&t=g9ShtTMpcjv0-g22tr7F5g

1 Like

It’s crazy that he’s doing this off a torn achilles. He looks like a better athlete than before, how is that even possible?

1 Like

art news GIF

Focused training. A ton of time to develop mentally since he couldn’t physically play.

1 Like

Honestly, I still think we need more talent. Everyone’s hyped for what the Jags are doing, but they’re loaded with high draft picks. 1st rounders are everywhere. We’ve got two. (Well, two of our own plus a failed Harris). It takes time to build up the talent, I fully expect us to hammer that side of the ball over the coming years.

I don’t think Glenn is a bad DC, he deserves credit for getting anything at all out of last year’s train wreck. But this aggressive defense he wants to play can look really bad when you don’t have the horses or you have miscommunications. All we can do is hope it gets better.

3 Likes

I think you’re spot on. We need two DTs another DE, two LBers a CB and two Safeties

Work ethic. Have you watched much Garret Williams? Same type of dude IMO.

Yeah I checked him out when I thought he might be coming out last year. He’ll definitely be one of my faves this year I think, he’s consistent af and it’s pretty easy to tell he used to play QB, he knows the routes as well as the receivers.