Jeff Risdon on Edge for Draft

I’m torn. on one hand you can stand pat at 6 and just take your picks BUT we are still waiting to see what the teams in front of us steal and take from us-before we get to pick, ok.
then, if we trade down to 9, we have to wait longer yet , while the AR’s and Bijan’s , and The Spoons are cherry picked and maybe one of the best players in this draft before we get to choose. And most likely any extra picks would be for 2024, and not this draft .

1 Like

Really good goalpost.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1583127653384699909?s=20

1 Like

One of the few things I agree 100 percent with you on Frog

4 Likes

I mean, other than Anderson, I wouldn’t want an edge at #6. I’m not as sold on Wilson or Murphy at #6 as some are - at least not at #6.

Give me Witherspoon all day. He gives me Jim Scwartz reactions.

5 Likes

I more or less agree. Risdon seems to be implying that they wouldn’t even take Will which I have a hard time believing

1 Like

The only way I can see them passing on Anderson if he is there is if someone wants to move up to get him. No way can you pass on him, in my opinion. But hey, I’m not an NFL GM.

Well, if I had a dollar for every time a pundit was dead wrong, I’d be rich. Do you reach over not one, not two, but quite possibly THREE EDGE players that are better than Bresee or Gonzales or Witherspoon? They’d be passing over two Olineman in addition to that and one to two QBs. I mean how far down the board do you go? If they can dump RO and CH and get younger, cheaper and better, I’d bet they’d do it. Now if we are trading down or taking a QB then ok. But I don’t think they are going to take the #14 player on their board at 6 because they are stacked at EDGE. My last mock went Wilson/Simpson/Forbes/Gibbs/Vorhees with our top 5 picks. They all start day one.

1 Like

Bravo bravo my friend. Could not have said it any better.

3 Likes

I do not believe Brad would be risking his career by taking Richardson. He has job security and this whole organization is about collaboration and character. If we do take Richardson everyone is on board with the pick and nobody is blaming Brad if it doesn’t work out.

I think we’re one of the few organizations in which the GM could make the pick without job security concerns.

Still don’t think we take him though.

2 Likes

Murphy and Wilson would add something to the rotation. Will Anderson would just function to take snaps away from James Houston.

I don’t think the edge players are better than Gonzeles at his position. I agree with you in theory though.

1 Like

Sure, I’m not saying they wouldn’t. I’m just not as sold on them as some others are to the point where I would take them at #6 is all. And when it comes to Anderson vs. Houston, Anderson is a MUCH better player all around. You don’t have to take him off the field. Houston is still just a third down flamethrower. If I’m a GM, I’m not passing up Will Anderson because I have James Houston. Some might, but I’m not.

2 Likes

Anderson is just as light in the britches as Houston. You are literally just putting a taller, leaner Houston without the bend on the field when it comes to Anderson. He is barely over 240 lbs and plays like it.

Anderson had a running start on Bijan Robinson and Bijan stopped him dead in his tracks on a pass block.

1 Like

It was bound to happen.:rofl:

I have never heard Jeff Risdon speak in real life until this week. Now I want to have a beer with him. He seems like a fun guy.

Hulk Hogan Beer GIF by SB Nation

2 Likes

While I take Barry for sure. Barry’s final year at OSU he had close to double the rushing yards Robinson had last year and more than double the TD’s. Barry was absolutely insane.

And I was watching the Robinson tape vs Alabama from this past season, and I gotta say it wasn’t anything special. Sure it was just 1 game, but I want to see how top players perform vs top schools. I came away from the game thinking shit that #31 on Bama is really freaken good. Check out the Bama game in week 2 and see what you think.

4 Likes

So you watched him streaking down the sidelines and adjust to an underthrown ball with an effortless 360 spin and snatch it out of the air like a top receiver and thought “meh.”

1 Like

Yea i saw that play. It was darn good, that was about it though for good plays. I just didn’t see him making many guys miss or breaking tackles, which I was expecting to see for such a highly hyped back.

I watched this last night… it’s every play Bijan had vs Bama. Judge for yourself.

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m not following, who is the GUY who said they lions won’t take a qb early?

Jeff was on Woodward sports yesterday and said in a scenario where say the panthers are trying to trade up and they offered multiple first and a 3rd or something he would take the trade over taking the qb of his choice at 6 int he scenario that WW asked him. Lots of options all interesting. Wouldn’t bet against him in this one about DE’s.

If I was a betting man. I would look at OL, SECONDARY, QB for the 2 first round picks this year .

https://twitter.com/jeffrisdon/status/1626958874509996033?s=46&t=XboDkKX8Jm7Hkj7ZNOSWrw

1 Like