Jeff Risdon on Edge for Draft

He’s not the best CB in 2023

2 Likes

And really the issues aren’t about his mechanics. He doesn’t need his throwing motion changed. He’s got a great release. What he needs to improve is getting better consistency in his footwork and not relying so much on his arm scrambling out of the pocket - where you are right mechanics can breakdown on the run. But if you are a GM who believes in his coaching staff’s player development this guy is a total freaking stud and who wouldn’t want to work with him. His ceiling is astronomical and while TNut talks about risk, he isn’t talking enough about reward. This guy’s ceiling rivals the very best QBs in the NFL. You have to take into accouint this was his first year starting in the SEC and he improved as the year went on. So if you can see a path coaching wise, he is going to garner strong interest.

Wow, 13 hours without a like or reply. That was a good one.

Sounds perfect for Houston or Carolina or the Jets.

Sorry but that just means you are bandwagon hopping like everyone else. It’s the tape where real scouts do the work and the combine is for medicals and confirmation of what you saw. Real teams aren’t having guys plummet or skyrocket based on the physical performances at the combine. Maybe here or there, but not like the movement we see and the pundits write about.

No.

People talk at the combine. That is where things become clearer for people not inside the building working for the team. So after the combine he knew the lions were locked into DE.

I didn’t say things don’t get clearer due to stuff leaking during the combine (ie NON-performance based activity at the combine). I’m saying the guy doesn’t have special scouting talent to where he is knowing NOW what the scouts do. Bandwagon hopping absolutely happens after the combine due to finding out more about what the teams are really thinking, so I don’t know what you are disagreeing with.

What is your point? Like what purpose did your comment serve? Jeff isn’t a scout?

No one said he is. Jeff is a football journalist who is connected and shares insights and opinions about the Detroit lions and football in general. I push back when people call him a hack, grasping at straws, not reliable etc bc he is very reliable and he knows football. I have always stood by the information he shares most of the time is spot on. So if he is saying the lions are not looking at a DE int he first two rounds and he is being obnoxiously confident about that……I wouldn’t doubt him.

Who do you think was one of the people who confirmed for me that the take on Malik Willis was a 3rd rounder when you were so convinced he was gonna be a top 15 player bc of his traits? Dude may not be in the league in a year or two….Jeff can scout….just isn’t a scout.

As stated in another thread it’s probably due to the marching orders of his employer but man do some of his Lionswire hot takes age horribly. The nature of clickbait I guess.

1 Like

And look that entire perspective is valid. But gotta remember, there was a time when we would post his stuff and people would question it and I get it. We do that still w guys. I don’t blame anyone for thinking. I share just bc I happen to have insight bc I know him and know he is really football savvy. And I’m loyal as ■■■■, this is exactly how I get myself in trouble in real life. Some of his stuff doesn’t age well but thst is the nature of the beast.

1 Like

I do find his podcast takes to be more measured than some of the Lionswire takes which jives with what we’re saying.

Yes! That’s all I’m trying to say…….there is football work Jeff. And there is let’s have a beer and talk football Jeff and let me tell you some crazy ass stories about this owner and this player and this organization….let me tell you why you should love MCDC and Brad Holmes etc………that’s all I’m trying to say.

Fair enough. I admit I haven’t watched much of him yet because I haven’t got around to deep-diving the tackles yet since they’re further down the need board for us. I’ve watched a couple games from 2022 and he looked great, I’m surprised to hear you say he looked so bad at guard. He doesn’t appear light in the seat. He’s not a road grader but he seems plenty strong enough. That’s too bad, I really thought he could solve some problems for us.

Well like I said, it’s probably moot anyway since I can’t see him falling to 18.

The problem is, if you say there’s a get-clicks Jeff and one we’re supposed to take seriously, how are we to know which Jeff we’re reading or hearing?!?!

Is this clip from get-clicks Jeff or serious Jeff?

And maybe it’s taken me a long time to understand but it’s so hard to say anything is assinine or stupid.
We could easily take a DE, we could easily take a CB, we could easily take an OT, nothing is impossible or really all that stupid for someone to say we’ll take…the only assinine thing to me is to say we won’t take a certain position.

Think what you want. Again, I have said if you follow Jeff at all, then you notice when he drops hints. If you randomly read his stuff from time to time he is just another dude talking……this is point isn’t clickbait. He has said this numerous times. When he does radio appearances that’s not clicks.

1 Like

Paschal was only playing about 15 snaps per game the last 6 weeks of the season. He really didn’t play much.

1 Like

Monkey Puppet GIF

1 Like

This is a part of the combine process that I hadn’t thought about like that. Its not so much that the underwear olympics changed everyone’s minds. Its just that more people’s minds were made available to discuss the prospects. Shadrick McFootballguy may see a huge spike or drop after the combine. But its not necessarily because of his performance. Its about more people talking about the prospects and finding out how guys are viewed.

Thanks bro.

Thanks Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Huge fan of McFootballguy, easy top 10 pick.

the simpsons smoking GIF

3 Likes

If Holmes trades back to #9 and is targeting a CB…
is there much chance the Raiders or Falcons draft a CB?

The Raiders have a need…. but will McDaniels follow Belichick’s lead and not draft CBs in the 1st round?

Falcons have huge needs at RT and DL… and have AJ Terrell at CB.

We may never know… but hopefully Holmes is open to the idea if he gets a decent offer.

1 Like