Jerry Jacobs gone?

Jerry has had multiple acl surgeries and got torched in coverage this year. Wish him well but we need to upgrade at corner in the offseason

5 Likes

They tried to upgrade this year… witherspoon (believed target) and moseley were attempts at that

what if we combine jacobs and moseley’s acls and frankenstein them into an ultimate version of a CB with untearable ACLs

1 Like

He had some good games but solid does seem to imply consistency which was his bugaboo. Just way too much variance in performance.

Yes. As Suh was mentioned, I kinda was thinking we would be better off signing a a CB free agent.

1 Like

He has had multiple knee surgeries. And he has garnered my respect. We DO however, need an upgrade at CB from him as a starter.

1 Like

Fair post Mobetta for sure

We’ve upgraded on those guys AJ Parker, Bobby Price and now Jacobs.

Jacobs gave his all and is a solid depth guy.
Same for Chase Lucas.

But with Vildor & CGJ back they are expendable

Great post. Respect.

I totally forgot about AJ Parker and Bobby Price.

1 Like

I count 51 on active roster

Cabinda
Alualu
Lucas
Firsker

Guys that could be called up to gameday activations from PS

I wonder if Brad’s kids play with a Mr. Cornerhead doll.

The good news is that he’s got a nose for the ball. The bad news is that his nose is on his knee.

Basically the approach that Moseley’s orthopedic surgeon took.

He’s gone. Thank you Jerry for all you did for us and for being with us through the dark times of two years ago.

Unfortunately, a team of our caliber usually doesn’t have a guy like Jerry Jacobs starting.

1 Like

If he’s hurt can he be cut? has to be IR I thought. Then injury settlement

https://twitter.com/woodwardsports/status/1745542080108142966?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Maybe going to put Branch, CGJ, Iffy, Kerby, Sutton, on the field all at the same time.

The best will play.

3 Likes

Could it be a sign Laporta is not going to play .and they want to sign the te of the practice squad and keep the 2 call up per game for Cabinda and the dt from the pit?)

1 Like

Interested Go On GIF by reactionseditor

Unlimited practice squad callups in playoffs. So no issue there

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if Laporta plays. Really good to hear it’s not a lasting injury though. That mofo going to be a Lion for a lot of years

1 Like

It’s tricky cause we can only dress 46 guys. If he’s active we gotta be real sure he can give us 20 to 30 snaps. Otherwise we are short handed all game

1 Like

Get, get, get down, get back up again…

1 Like