Jerry Jacobs gone?

No details, but this from the horse’s mouth:

https://x.com/_luhjerry/status/1745534262411981309?s=20

1 Like

Had a good run as a UDFA, so if this is it for him as a Lion, he made the best out of his opportunity.

Unfortunately, he kinda sucks.

3 Likes

Odd timing if true hes gone

2 Likes

Very interesting. Would he be cut for Houston to be activated?

6 Likes

Someone getting added to the 53 man roster…

Common Houston

Thx for playing hard Jerry. Wish him well. He just aint very good.

6 Likes

It’s possible. I think with the addition of CJ, the Lions probably didn’t feel the need to keep 11 DBs on the 53-man.

4 Likes

From game ball to cut. Things change on you fast out there.

4 Likes

Could also be moving to IR? Didn’t he just show up on the injury report and miss practice?

One of my favorite guys. Plays hard every snap. Fiesty. Not afraid to tackle.

5 Likes

We have unlimited practice squad evaluations for the playoffs.

So this has to be a roster spot for someone coming off IR or we signed Suh. :laughing:

I think it’s Houston. Who else is still eligible to come off IR?

3 Likes

I’d think they’d want to keep him on the practice squad if he’s eligible. But thanking the city does seem to suggest he’s already looking elsewhere.

3 Likes

Well, my thought is that since he ended up on the report yesterday and missed today…if he moved to IR, he’s essentially done as a Lion. He’s an RFA, but I’m not sure he wouldn’t go elsewhere to try and get something above league minimum.

2 Likes

And an update (of sorts) from Justin Rogers. Maybe season-ending IR? Still seems weird to post “thank you Detroit” if you expect to be back.

https://x.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1745536551382053127?s=20

4 Likes

Yea you don’t thank the city if ur still on the roster. I’m sure it’ll be announced soon

@AlexSmithsVallet definitely signing Suh this time!

In all seriousness, Jacobs did his job and he was solid. Hope it’s IR for him and we can get him back to compete in camp.
But Vildor took his spot, bottom line.

Need that roster spot for PS elevations and/or James Houston

3 Likes

This sounds right. Still seems like it would be nice for all parties for him to stay on the PS just in case, but I guess it’s not like they can’t hire him off the street for a playoff game if they need to.

I think he’s in his feelings…

Unless he’s becoming cancerous in the locker room our CB room is way too barren to cut him I’d think.

1 Like

I hope it’s IR. He might not be a legitimate starter, but he’s great depth

1 Like

Top 6 DBs
Sutton, Vildor Branch, Kerby, Iffy, CGJ

Hope this means they are confident CGJ can fill in outside if need be.

Backup S - Tracey
Backup CB- Gilmore
ST guy- Dorsey
Utility DB- Will Harris

We’ve got 10 with out Jerry

1 Like

Solid? I beg to differ. Solid, to me, means you did your job but didn’t make the “play” that would be more than covering you man and playing your fit in the run game.

Jerry was a little less than solid, to me. If he was solid, he would be in position to make the receiver have to make a better than average play on the ball. But Jacobs, in passes that came his way, made it easy for receivers to catch the ball. He rarely offered any resistance. Especially against the better receivers. He would make a great 4th CB.

5 Likes