Jets' HC Robert Saleh declines to commit to Zach Wilson as starting QB for Wk 12 vs. Bears

A couple stats I heard on the radio.

• The Jets had 2 total yards of offense in the second half
  • The Jets had 10 punts and 9 incompletions
1 Like

Frank Reich was fired after having 1 yard of offense in a half against the Patriots, or something ridiculous like that. There could be a pattern emerging in New England.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know what voodoo Belichick as a DC has but he sure does know how to shut certain teams down. Itā€™s amazing they lose games sometimes.

Oh wait, rightā€¦ spying on other team practicesā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He was a good DC before that though, unless he was spying on people then too, which wouldnā€™t be out of the realm of possibility since it was much more lax back then

1 Like

The guy is absolutely obsessed with every single detail of football. Pat Kirwan is friends with Bill and likes to tell a story about how obsessed he is. Every offseason Bill takes on pet projects to examine in detail different aspects of football, different techniques, whatā€™s working vs what is not working, etc. He not only does a deep dive on his own, he calls people with football knowledge to compare notes. Pat was used to getting these calls each offseason. One year Bill was obsessed with the best technique to teach a linebacker to carry a TE down the seam. Should he turn and run with the TE? Should he stay in his backpedal as long as possible? Should he flip his head towards the TE or towards the QB to see the ball? Bill couldnā€™t find an answer in year 1 of the study so he was still working on it for a 2nd year. Then he couldnā€™t figure it out in the 2nd year so he was on it for a 3rd offseason. Finally during the 3rd offseason working on that particular detail he calls Pat and says ā€œIā€™ve determined that it doesnā€™t really matter. I can just let each guy do what he feels most comfortable with.ā€

Bill Belichick isnā€™t a guy that rode a wave of success repeating back things he was taught by another coach. There are plenty of those guys out there. Bill truly seeks to understand why some things work and other things donā€™t. He understands football on a different level. And if someone competes against him just parroting back teaching points someone else taught themā€¦he exposes them the way Tony Dungy exposed Lovie Smith in the Super Bowl. ā€œI know your rules and I will confuse key parts of your team and I know you canā€™t adjust to itā€¦because you donā€™t truly understand the rules.ā€

2 Likes

Was that with Ehlinger? Bc Hoodie vs. an inexperienced QB usually goes the same way Iā€™d imagine.

I believe youā€™re correct

1 Like

Its amazing that guys who drink beer while watching football from our couches can see this from a mile away but people who are paid millions to see the same thingā€¦miss it.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m pretty good at pointing out problems. I underwhelm with that solutions thing.

2 Likes

Whoever we draft would probably automatically be better than Boyle, Blough, or Sudfeld so probably still an upgrade despite needing a bit of time to learn the pro game

Every time we step on the field we have 11 players. If your guy isnā€™t one of those players, it doesnā€™t matter.

This is mind blowing. They averaged less than three inches per play in the second half.

Worst this seasonā€¦? How is it not the worst ever? They got 2 yards for an entire halfā€¦ i mean how has there been a worse half of offensive football

Them Losing Breece Hall has been devastating tbh

he was their offense i shit you not