Jets in talks with Packers, Rodgers, sources say

Just let this thing end please.

2 Likes

Send him packing. Let the Love train begin

1 Like

It’s time for him and Green Bay to part ways. Hope this gets taken care of shortly. It’s clear he’s never winning in Green Bay again.

(I’m so unbelievably happy to say that).

3 Likes

NOOooooooooo, they need you in GB AR, you can win the MVP again, honest.

4 Likes

IF this happens (I understand it is far from a sure thing), I will be very interested to figure out what the trade package is. Do the Jets give up first rounders for a 39 year old QB who is clearly heavily considering retirement? Do they feel that Aaron Rodgers gets them ‘over the hump’ and into super bowl consideration?

I don’t think I would give up that much for Rodgers, at his age and contract, unless I thought I could pull a ‘Rams/Stafford or Tampa/Brady’ special and win a super bowl. I don’t see the Jets as super close to competing for super bowls. But, the Jets aren’t known for great decision making, soo…

4 Likes

Read an article this morning that it could be for a first this year and a future 1st or 2nd I’ll look for that article again

2 Likes

3 years running… just end this nonsense already.

Lick a few toads, take a few dumps in a dark bathroom, how hard is this!?

2 Likes

You know I’m watching this mess with Rogers and how the Raiders messed up with Carr….and all I can think of is how well the Lions handled the Stafford trade.

4 Likes

Some teams never learn…

2 Likes

I’m thinking that was largely Shiela. I’m beginning to think Dan is right. She’s a rock.

This excites me greatly on the level that I don’t think the Packers have another HOF’er in Love.

What I don’t like is that I don’t know that they are that dangerous with Rodgers and that contract so I hate to see them get capital to work with.

3 Likes

Good point. It worked out perfectly for all parties. Stafford got his ring and is enjoying the sun in California. And we traded him at the perfect time when he still had great value. Had we have held onto Stafford or refused to trade him and then he started having all the arm/elbow problems his trade value would have significantly dropped.

Instead we got Goff and all the magical beans!!

3 Likes

His cap hit for next season was going to be $31.6M. By trading Rodgers they have to eat $40.3M, but don’t have Rodgers to show for it. They are eating big money no matter what they do.

1 Like

And AR15!

Nfl Anthony GIF by The Undroppables

1 Like

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

I would much rather see Rodgers stay. No assets for the Packers and Lions get to put AR in their own version of a dark retreat.

5 Likes

At least we did.

1 Like

By capital I meant draft picks! But either way it’s a tough situation for GB.

1 Like

Goff & the BeanStalk!

1 Like

For sure → I want the packers to land in purgatory…the darkest period of limbo the franchise has ever known.

…with no compensation after he retires.

3 Likes