Jets preparing to have QB Mike White vs. Lions despite post-game hospital trip

1 Like

I am going to guess that we will see a last minute change to Flacco…that was planned all along of course. They can’t possibly think a compromised Mike White vs this front 4 is a good idea. I would question the competence of their coaching staff if that happens.

2 Likes

He was able to get his kids out of the crib and they tackled him and he felt fine……wow….

That second time he was knocked out of the game he had to crack some ribs. I was watching that game and thought his season was over. That was a monster hit.

I remember when Charlie Batch beat the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving (that was Tom Brady’s first NFL game action), while playing with broken ribs. Batch was a warrior. After that game, he wore a flack jacket to protect his ribs.

Thus, I wouldn’t rule out White playing completely, but think it more likely Flacco plays.

1 Like

probably see a lot of max protect and run game. it’s what I’d expect us to do, with play action.

1 Like

Let’s send Houston on over to welcome him in the first quarter. :handshake:t3:

5 Likes

Houston plays so low he will be like a missile straight to the ribs.

1 Like

As a bonus, White fumbles the ball on the 5 yard line, Hutchinson picks it up and runs in for the score.

3 Likes

I can’t see white playing but stranger things. obviously you have to pressure him to make him uncomfortable. he doesn’t want to get hit like that again.

1 Like

Bigger question: does Quinnen Williams play? With apologies yo Sauce, Q is theor best player IMO.

4 Likes

I think he will play, but the question is, will he be effective against Ragnow in an injured state?

1 Like

All head games man. It forces us to prep for three quarterbacks. Smart play by the Jets. Annoying, but smart.

3 Likes
1 Like

That is the main storyline. His loss would be a big blow to the Jets defense. Another factor that will impact the game, based on the status of the above, is the Lions running game. Our ability to run the ball will most likely determine the games outcome.

1 Like

Exactly, just like when Campbell was saying he doubted Jamo would play vs the Jags. I think we are going to face old man Flacco… and they’ll be careful with White.

AG’s defensive game plan should have Mike White in a daze. White is a cagey veteran; however, we to show him things he hasn’t seen before.

Watching highlights of Jets vs Bills game, White is slow and more of a stationary pocket passer. Jets online is suspect. Overall they are a solid team who can be beat though

To reach “cagey veteran” status, I think you have to be at a Gardner Minshew level.

White has had 6 career starts:

That makes him more like a Jeff Driskell.

1 Like

I believe he came into league in 2018???

Everyone keeps saying Flacco but I think they’ll play Wilson over Flacco. Think about it from their perspective- if you want to get Wilson back on track, what better way than against the 31st ranked defense, at home? If they don’t even play Wilson Sunday then might as well cut him

1 Like