Jets pursuing Clowney

I don’t think he fits with what lions what.

1 Like

Considering he had 9.5 sacks and not much interest in free agency so far is pretty telling. Many posters been calling him a turd and that appears to have some accuracy to it. Cause he was pretty good last year on the field.

How do the Jets still have money to spend w/ all their moves?

Jets trying to go for it with Rodgers in twilight of his career

They’re actually doing a good job of going all in this year while not sacrificing their future… Lots of 1 year deals.

He generally has interest from teams every year, but takes his time to pick and choose.

At least that’s what I’ve gathered I could be wrong

1 Like

There is definitely interest from teams every year. But his agent definitely leaks misinformation regarding how much other teams are offering. He signed a 1 year $11M deal with the Browns in late May one year. His agent tried to spin it that Clowney had “several teams offering multi-year contracts at $15M/year, but he really wanted to be a Cleveland Brown. So we turned them down for this opportunity.” Yeah right!

Last year he signed with the Ravens in August for 1 year at $2.5M with some incentives. He hit some of those incentives and ended up making $4.5M. When he signed with the Titans, he didn’t do it until September. I can see him having several “standing offers” from teams each year. Then he uses the “wait and see” approach to see if a team will panic buy his services…which also has the benefit of not having to attend offseson camps.

3 Likes

With a guy who’s as inconsistent as he is, buying high is dumb.

1 Like

TMP, have I mentioned recently how much I like your avatar! lol

2 Likes