Jman Mock 2.0 + Offseason (last one til April)

If you add K Benton in 3, that’s not bad.

Not sure on exact formula but if we lose more then we gain and guys like Heinicki, Shaheen, and let’s say Jordan Philips if Wormley doesn’t take the hometown discount…

…won’t that wash out with losing 6-8 free agents?

Shaheen and Amani O probably a wash.

Backup QB and WIll Harris DB wash out

DT and ?? would wash out

Evan Brown (glasgow contract) , Anazalone might get 4-5 mil? Sudfeld backup QB contract Justin Jackson will probably go for 1.5, Woods might get a Board contract for 2 mil Special Teams…idk Austin Bryant is a stead veteran probably more then Reeves Maybin got last year?

Not sure on the formula but seems like we would get 3 picks in that scenario?

Coulld be more like 6,6,7 instead of 5,6,6 like I originally put but still?

1 Like

Agree. We are in the best spot to trade. I don’t think we get multi firsts, but don’t need them…

1. J Carter- I don’t see them drafting over Fields, nor do I see anyone giving up the farm for Young. I’m not even sure gents ends up going QB1… for all we know half the teams took him out of the top 10 based on size.

2. Young- maybe Stroud?

3. W Anderson- Zona needs edge above all

4. Stroud- they have WRs, a line, and a RB, they can’t go project can they?

5. Wilson or Murphy. Elite edge is a big need

6. Levis - Edge, Levis OT1 all still there. I think a 3 slot trade adding a 2nd is very reasonable for Panthers to jump Raiders.

7. A Richardson

8. Wilson or Murphy- whoever left

9. Bijan or B Branch

I believe on the top 35% of free agents contracts counts.

32 picks are given out…

So…

Brown gets 10M per, and we pay Cam Sutton 10M per

Elliott gets 8M Apy…. And we pay Pratt 8M apy

If we don’t sign anyone else outside we might score a 6th or 2 from Anzalone or W Harris.

The comp pick formula relies on larger contracts than most of those other players would garner.

Last year… $2.6 million got a 7th round comp pick.

Brown would be “cancelled” by signing Pratt.

Anzalone made less than that in 2022. The others wouldn’t be a factor.

Nobody is paying Anzalone or Harris over $2.6 million (likely more) that would be needed to get a comp pick.

Agree.

J Davis Cancelled by J Williams
Prater cancelled by B Perriman (eww)

Agnew got us a 6 at 4.75M APY
M Jones Jr got us 5th for 7M APY
Golladay got us #97 for 17M apy

E. Brown likely won’t get 10M- but if so cancels Pratt
Elliott likely gets around 8M- cancels by Sutton

If Anzalone gets 4M per we may score a 6th… maybe

Agree?

I don’t think Anzalone is gonna get over $3 million.
He was at $2.25 million in 2022… and I don’t see a big raise there.

So if we gain 4 and lose 4
Brown washes out with Pratt

Will Harris; Anzalone get us picks for their starter contracts ?

If Bryant, Amani O, Jackson, Woods, Sudfeld cancel out the low keys signings yada yada

Here is a good example.

Look at the dollars paid to Rams free agents last year…
and they didn’t get great comp picks…
$3.5 million got a 7th round pick.

Why isn’t Wagner on there?

1 Like

he was released by Seahawks….
thus does not count in the “formula”….

1 Like

Ok I stand corrected

What are your thoughts on the rest of my post ?

I like the concepts.

I want a veteran MLB who is a bigger play maker than AA- check

I’d love Bijan because it’s clear to me he’s a force multiplier. I like T Wilson and B Branch too.

Otherwise I see what Barkley alone did for Giants offense and thus team.

1 Like

I like the re-signings of current players….
I don’t think Holmes will pay a FA off ball LB in UFA…
I don’t like RBs in round 1 that high…
I wouldn’t trade up for a OG in round 1…
Kancey is intriguing… but need to see his measurements… because he is already small and short arms would be a huge concern…

and I don’t really like projections for trading down because it just isn’t likely.

Also… the “restructure” of Big V and Romeo raises questions for me….

Is it a simple restructure where they reduce cap hits in 2023… but get that money eventually… or do they agree to an actual pay cut?

If no pay cut…. I am leaning towards cutting them both.

1 Like

the re-signings of current players…. Elliot, Chark, Cominsky starters. Hughes, Buggs, Jamaal, Board Role players.

EDIT- Keep in mind Staff didn’t draft Harris, Bryant, Amani O…Evan Brown was a leftover. Sudfeld was taking what we could get at the time.

I don’t think Holmes will pay a FA off ball LB in UFA… Pratt is the type of dude this young defense needs. Championship type experience as our leader in the middle

I don’t like RBs in round 1 that high…Me either usually, but the value you get for 5 years in their prime is ridiculous.

I wouldn’t trade up for a OG in round 1…I wouldn’t usually either. But he’s the dude, all RG experience, dominant run blocker, didn’t let up a sack. He could make us the #1 OL in the league. He’s cheap for 5 years…by then bye bye Decker & Jonah when he reups. Good timing for us

Kancey is intriguing… but need to see his measurements… because he is already small and short arms would be a huge concern… Mazi Smith, Mike Morris, or Ika on Day 2 also possiblities

and I don’t really like projections for trading down because it just isn’t likely. Fair enough, neither was the DFS pool I won about 2 months ago. But like the lil dude in Angels in Outfield says “I knew it could happen”

Also… the “restructure” of Big V and Romeo raises questions for me….
Is it a simple restructure where they reduce cap hits in 2023… but get that money eventually… or do they agree to an actual pay cut?
If no pay cut…. I am leaning towards cutting them both. This is Where I differ from the board it seems. We are just going to cut a guy that hurt his back for us? What if he can play next year. He is supoosedly Sewells boy too. We need a RG. Even if we draft rookie, can bring him on midseason like Jameson/Pascal? And Romeo played well in a 4-3 and 3-4 for us. He looked better than Pascal next year.

**Essentially turning 8 mil from Romeo and 6 mil from Big V into signing bonus, they get the same money just more up front. **

We get a Quality Edge for 6 mil cap hit that has played in a 3-4 and 4-3
We get a Qulity OL for 6 mil cap hit that graded out well at RG & RT over past 3 years.

We need those guys. And they are affordable. And they want to be here.

We are talking 2023 here…they might not last beyond that…but next year we make a run.

OUR WINDOW STARTS NOW BOYS!!!

Vaitai has earned over $30 million with the Lions.

If they move on from him… it isn’t an offensive move that cheated him out of money.

1 Like

Well Jigga, all of your numbers are biased towards Detroit. Ive seen national pundits propose the trade with Carolina only giving use their late 2nd rounder in return. I appreciate your effort. Many of us on here have bitched about mocks with trades for like 15 years. Many of us have never taken them seriously. Predict the offseason if you want. But if you are biased towards the lions on almost every detail i just see fantasy. You are allowed to fantasize. I just prefer being realistic. With the massive cap expansion coming i expect the FA to cost more than people are expecting as well.

Hey Brent, Jigga here lol

What exactly do “national pundits” matter. They are literally just reading off an online jimmy johnson or the updated trade value chart.

Not taking into consideration that this is for a QB, this is a negotiation, and there are two teams in front of them that also need a QB we could leverage.

Also, no way in haedes are they gonna make Frank Reich the coach and make him use a veteran cast off on his last tank of gas. They are gonna give him his Trevor Lawrence like Doug Pederson.

But since my post is discredited because of my bias, go ahead then and we will use your trade.

Nothing else changes

Day One
Witherspoon
Bijan Robinson
OCyrus Torrence (trade to late first for our two seconds)

Day Two
Kancey DT - or Mazi/Morris/Ika
Battle DB - or other NB-DB I mentioned above

Day Three
Same as my post

53 man roster
Same as my post

Literally the only thing would change is

2024 Draft would be 1,2,3a,3b,5,6,7
Instead of 1a,1b,2,3,5,6,7

Such fantasy

Nice to be able to look forward to a draft where the many picks will have a great chance to compete, start, and hopefully lead us to the playoffs (and beyond)!

I always enjoy reading others opinions, like this one. As others have stated, i dont think carolina would do that trade. But maybe swap 6 for 9, then get their '23 second, and maybe '24 second and fourth? I would do a trade like that, IF, both anderson and carter gone.

I think the value between 6-9 would be the same (if QB not needed). So why not load up on more picks, we sure could use them.