Joe Burrow is a special player

If the Bengals pass on him at 1, or whoever it is, they are gonna regret it for a long time.

Easily my favorite QB to come out since Luck. Obviously Watson and Mahomes have turned out better than expected. Burrow is someone I think can make a difference day 1 wherever he is at

2 Likes

Yep, he’s a true #1 overall pick of a QB.

2 Likes

If the Bengals pass on Burrow they should fold the team.

He’s great AND he’s from Ohio.

Kid could suck and no one will care for a few years. He will get the longest rope from local media and fans any highly picked quarterback has had.

He doesn’t have a cannon but he’s the best traditional quarterback I’ve seen in college in a while.

2 Likes

Very accurate. Very smart

Not a bad athlete either. Not that he’s special in that regard but he can definitely move around and make secondary plays

2 Likes

Burrow won Mr. Basketball in Ohio in high school.

He ain’t Lamar Jackson but he’s a legit athlete.

Hypothetical here, say the Bengals do pass on him. Do the Giants take him at 2 with drafting Jones last year? If the Lions were to be sitting at 3 and he is on the board, even with all the needs, the lions would have to draft him. Let him sit and learn for a year and would allow the team to move on from Stafford after the 2020 season if they chose

I would take him

1 Like

IMO Josh Rosen has “the tools” but in many ways will never be a franchise QB in the NFL. While what the Cardinals did was virtually unprecedented, I can see why they did it. The pick was every bit of a bust as I thought it would be. Daniel Jones is different. He’s shown so many signs of life. He’s turning the ball over at a high rate, and he doesn’t have a defense to support him. Outside of the turnover errors that are correctable, there’s a lot to love about Jones that Rosen doesn’t have. All of that is a long winded way of saying…there is absolutely no way I could see them going QB again. The kid has shown enough to prove he was worth a 1st round pick, and worth giving a few years to see him develop.

1 Like

So, to my question, would you take him at 3, if the lions are at 3 and Joe is on the board? I know I would be interested. He could develop for a year behind Matt and we could move on in 2021

If he gets to 3 and its not because of injury or he raped a woman you auction him off the highest bidder and roll with Stafford.

1 Like

And miss out on a true franchise QB. The point is moot anyway. Burrows will be the #1 pick. The conversation is really about Justin Herbert.

I wouldn’t do it for Herbert.

Pass on Herbert, reminds me of another Oregon QB the lions drafted under Millen

Sure. Because Harrington’s completion % in college was 55.2 and Herbert’s was 64.1%. They aren’t even remotely similar in their arm strength, style, etc.
I’m not saying Herbert is going to be a star but he certainly has the skill set to succeed.

1 Like

Skills aren’t the problem with Herbert. I don’t see Joey with him, I see Kyle Boller

The only way he would be taken is as a trading piece, but the Lions are not in that position. There are some very nice talents on the DL that fit what the Lions needs. Burrow may be a special player but you don’t take a “might be” when you already have an “is” a special player!