Joe Mixon

Here’s something better to read about, tangentially related…

castle law. all he has to do is say he feared for his life and you can blaze away.

I’m sorry… this goes along with my Jalen Carter perspective, but to a far-FAR deeper level of shaking my head…

We all do very different jobs, at very different levels of compensation in here… I can be certain, but my guess is that somewhere between 99.5%-100% of us would gladly play NFL football for between 8-13M per year with $35,000,000 plus guaranteed over 4 years- if anyone was willing to pay it…

Literally- sign a contract… Live in the city that drafts you in a 2 bedroom condo that is a few miles from the facility… spend 300K a year on travel, eating out, a fancy car payment and some swaggy clothes…

That leaves 4.3MM plus after taxes, agent fees, and the “allowance”…

By age 26 you have a net worth of $17,000,000 … Right now a fixed annuity pays over 5.75% on that kind of money… so on the interest alone you would be talking about an $900,000 “allowance” minus capital gains…

THAT IS FREAKING $80,000 per month to completely BLOW on whatever… So long as for the first 4 years you are okay only wasting $25,000 per month…

---- So for anyone who wants to make excuses for Kareem Hunt, Jeffrey Simmons, Joe Mixon, Ray Rice, Mazi Smith, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Carter etc… PAC MAN JONES-

These guys are rolling around with guns, extra clips, extended magazines, drinking and driving, drag racing, strips clubs at 2:30am… This is after rarely attending a single college class, being allowed to skirt the system, taking money under the table illegally (well before the NIL)…

It’s amazing how hockey players, golfers, tennis players, track and field athletes, avoid 90% plus of this bullshit

3 Likes

I was with you on the whole post until the end. Still athletes doing very stupid things in the other sports as well.

The main difference is the nfl has around 70 guys on a team. 53 man roster, plus a 16 man practice squad. There is over 2200 players in the nfl. So the chances of dudes doing something stupid goes way up for the league when you have so many players.

Even if 99% of the guys are doing the right thing. The 1% can really embarrass the shit out of the league.

1 Like

This is an excellent point and something several players said about why they haven’t had much focus on getting rid of the weed penalties. Anytime the players want something changed in the CBA, it comes with a cost that everyone has to pay. So why would 99% of the players give up something that means something to them in exchange for something that only applies to 1% of the players? Yes, more than 1% smoke weed. But only 1-2% actually have a problem big enough to get caught. Again, the weed tests are not random. And once you pass you are good until next year.

2 Likes

But the players can pop oxy and adderall year round, no test or worries. Love when players call that shit out.

Wow smh… to an even further deeper level than you.
I truly wonder is everyone alright on this board?

Im Good Enough Nighty Night GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Are you kidding this is a non issue. He basically missed…

Jamo on the other hand…direct hit

This is the same dude who thinks JaMo was dressed like a thug at the draft.

Not hard to read between the lines with this guy.

Mike Myers Prison GIF

No, Ohio is a stand your ground state. That means if you fear for your life INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME. If he shot a kid outside the house, it does not apply.

1 Like

We need to ban the next guy who suggests we sign / trade for Joe Mixon.

2 Likes

Oh common now, it’s not like the guy has a history of bad behavior. Don’t you believe in 30-40 2nd chances. Just bad luck really.

Jesus dude. Take a step back and have some awareness. You just listed rich man sports as an example of kids staying out of trouble. Does Patrick Kane ring a bell? There are plenty of assholes in other sports. Why the hell is Mazi Smith being included in this list of players? He was taking a gun class and made a mistake but you are lumping him with a bunch of guys who have beaten a woman, killed some directly or “MIGHT” have been involved in some fashion with actions that contributed to people dying, though not directly.

My God, you know what you are failing to see? These kids are survivors with horrible life skills because people failed them along the way and what you are seeing is them trying to deal and cope with life and fame and failing at it. Joe Mixon is a broken dude, the trauma and bullshit he has probably experienced in his life has left him believing it is okay to hit a woman or pull a gun on a kid or perhaps its worse then that and he is not able to control it like some people are…

When you look at those guys what do you see? I see human beings…what do you see?

3 Likes

WAIT, is he??? I completely forgot WHO made that connection based on his IG post and being in red…WTF…I completely forgot WHO said that…just that someone said it. Good memory!

1 Like

EXTREME disconnectedness from the deeper truth of oneness.
Ppl who never learned that they are more than enough…perfect.
Ppl who literally don’t know who/what they are…lost from themselves.

2 Likes

Annnnd Shawn Kemp on cue goes and does a drive by shooting.

Personally, I have money on Alex Rodriguez getting busted next for selling fake artwork…

He was just showing Ja Morant solidarity