Jonah Has Played Himself Off The Team

He has been brutal the last few weeks….really all year when he’s not been injured. If he wants to resign for $7m I might be interested but I would not pay him one more dime than that. Also would draft his replacement next year and make his contract team friendly to be cut in 2025.

3 Likes

So did Barnes.

6 Likes

The Barnes whiff was awful. But the refs also didn’t call two blatant holds on that play

5 Likes

That missed safety was inexcusable. Looked like he was trying to make the big hit rather than wrapping him up.

6 Likes

The Barnes hate is getting a little ridiculous. This guy is a 4th rounder still on his rookie contract next year. He has been a very good run stuffing LBer and has had a fair amount of success rushing the passer. He has gotten better year after year.

He ■■■■■■ up and whiffed on a big play. If Prescott throws an incompletion there nobody is talking about it.

5 Likes

I’m not proposing he gets cut but that missed play was a killer. Basically gave up 9 points by just not wrapping up. He’s definitely improved this year. Hopefully he cleans up a few things next year and we can get him on a team friendly deal.

1 Like

Barnes is useful. It was awful but he’s a nice piece. Not sure 'm into a second contract but he’ll help us next year.

Jonah depends on the money. He might be in prove it deal-vile.

1/6M. Show the league you can still play and we draft some insurance.

2 Likes

Barnes would be a solid backup to have for depth. His play last night on the blitz was awful but overall he’s solid.

1 Like

Jonah is usually a pretty good run blocker. But his pass blocking has been pretty sketchy all season. Yesterday he sucked at both

1 Like

Ridiculous? No. It was an absurd attempt to sack the quarterback that at best was incompetent and worse very … say … questionable.

He cost the Lions 9 points.

It’s the worst blunder I’ve seen this team make since DanO stepped out of bounds.

5 Likes

There’s going to be turnover

And y’all will have others to blame.

Don’t worry.

Some of them might actually be even worse

What a season by the Lions ! Playoffs baby ! Let’s go Jonah and Barnes !

Welcome to the dark side grand master :wink::wink:

2 Likes

He made a bad play, and you want him cut. Barnes has played fairly solid most of this year and is a top level run defender at LBer.

What kind of message would it send to the team if they cut Barnes? Didn’t Vildor actually give up the 90+ yard TD? If he keeps his feet it’s likely just a 40-50 yard gain.

I get it, it was a shit play and was a massive swing. No only was it a 9 point difference, but the Lions would’ve got the ball back as well.

1 Like

it almost looke to me that he did it intentionally. not saying he did, but geesh, how could that even happen.

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said about Jonah. Glasgow also got his ass kicked last night.

3 Likes

Yes he did. Awful.

3 Likes

Barnes and Jackson are not championship-level starters. They need to be replaced next season.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but our first two picks need to be DL and OL.

Probably need a decent off-season signing of a D-lineman as well.

3 Likes

Barnes has already been replaced. He’s LB3. That is fine. Agree on Jonah unless he’s super cheap. The wrist may be really effecting him x he was good last year.

1 Like

I really can’t explain it. Watched the play several times. This is an NFL linebacker that almost killed Justin Fields a couple weeks ago.

Now he’s scared of contact. Extremely fishy play.
Barnes needs to take some acting lessons to make it look more believable :wink:

1 Like