Jonathan Taylor Requests Trade

Saturday has produced the latest development in the ongoing saga between the Colts and Jonathan Taylor. The All-Pro running back has formally requested a trade, as noted (on Twitter) by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

More to come…

1 Like

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

2 Likes

I’d give them a 5th rounder. Taylor, Monty and Gibbs. Best rushing attack in the history of football!

4 Likes

Isray is such an idiot. Had to run his mouth about that RB pay lol.

3 Likes

Colts would be wise to sit back and wait. Injuries in training camp/preseason will drive up that compensation fast.

Zack Moss be like:

1 Like

Rams have any draft capital they don’t want?

2 Likes

Irsay’s latest remarks on the matter will no doubt add fuel to the fire in this situation.

“If I die tonight and Jonathan Taylor is out of the league, no one’s gonna miss us,” Irsay said when speaking to the media on Saturday (Twitter link via James Boyd of The Athletic). “The league goes on. We know that. The National Football [League] rolls on. It doesn’t matter who comes and who goes, and it’s a privilege to be a part of it.”

1 Like

Albert Breer posts Irsay’s response to trade demand:

Text from @Colts owner @JimIrsay on Jonathan Taylor’s trade request (as reported by @RapSheet): “We’re not trading Jonathan… end of discussion. Not now and not in October!”

1 Like

Watch out for Jets they had Cook in but no deal yet . Cook still has advantage he is FA so no trade capital lost. But they may still like him more an use a couple of pics. With Rodger deal they have the cap.

1 Like

Not gonna happen. He wants a long term deal.

NEVER give a RB a long term deal! Period.

5 Likes

Ron Rivera and Mayhew should be all over that if he does hit the market. Screw the future. They need to win NOW. And a Jonathan Taylor running game plus that defense might just get it done.

1 Like

Yea, I was just joking around. I really doubt they even trade him. He also missed 7 or 8 games last year, gonna be a tough hold out when he’s coming off a down year.

Irsay is right on this one
League will go on

5 Likes

Oh how old do you think he is?

He just turned 24 in this past January He looks like he should be ok for a 4 year deal at least 3.

Depends on how much he wants . Cook will be 28 in August Elliott is 28 just turned that this month…

If some team wants a good RB stud he would be worth it based on his play an age 3 or 4 years deal would be ok depending on price. Just how i look at it the other two I agree at 28 now way.

He’s one of the most durable HBs we’ve seen even going back to college. He could have come back last season, but they were tanking, so no reason. He’s also looking for a deal in the Nick Chubb range which is 100% understandable and he’s worth that easily.

For us? No. We have DM and JG. If we didn’t sign DM, I’d be pounding the drums for JT. He’s elite, he’s durable, he would be the perfect back to compliment JG.

1 Like

Has there been any rumor about his asking cost? My feeling is that if he was asking for Chubb money (3/36) the Colts would be all over that. If the Colts aren’t willing to pay that then they deserve to lose him. But the Colts have a lot of the power right now and through the next 3 seasons with the tag at their disposal. And then at that point Taylor will be 28.

I would agree, but the decision may well be out of their hands. Something tells me that 5 billion dollars wasn’t spent to let the current regime that has failed, mortgage the future. New ownership can be meddlesome that way. I believe Washington is in caretaker status until after the season when they are likely to clean house barring a miracle.

If he is asking for 36 for 3 years the Colts should pay it . Hell for this season an 3 more 50 would be right. Thats four years at 50 mil . by time they pay this year an two tags you will be getting high total .

The Colts are fools if they trade him or make him walk next season or tag him. He will show up but don’t count on having same RB an thats something he controls (effort)

This is all correct