Jontay Porter banned for life from NBA for betting on games

“A league investigation found that Porter violated league rules by disclosing, confidential information to sports fetters, limiting his own participation in one or more games for betting purposes, and betting on NBA games,” the statement read.

There’s only the WNBA. All he has to do is claim that he now identifies as a woman.

Or, maybe one of the European leagues will take him.

1 Like

I’m back bitches…

larry johnson wink GIF by Charlotte Hornets

3 Likes

Career averages are 3 points and 2 boards a game with a 40% FG rate. He probably wanted to get his money before he wound up in Europe and couldn’t influence NBA games anymore.

1 Like

Pretty sure he would make more in Europe

This is Jontay, not Billy.

On a serious note what he did would be very easy to pull off and not get caught. I’m sure many players are and have done similar things.

All these prop bets such as over under points, assists, rebounds, steals, etc.

All you gotta do is have a buddy or acquaintance bet heavy on the unders and then tweak a hammy or sprain a thumb early in the game to ensure you hit the unders…Sorry Coach I can’t go back in the game my hammy is sore and you win ur bets. Pretty simple to pull off.

They made an example out of him because he sucks at basketball… if it were a star player they’d sweep under the rug.

Gambling is for losers… :wink: just ask Jordan never bet a day in his life

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

1 Like

He’d be paid crap if he went that route ala Juwanna Mann. Sadly this is a 20+ year old joke that Hollywierd wouldn’t touch with a 10ft pole in 2024.

1 Like

Guys like Harden etc can pull it off because

1. Theres a lot of action to wash out your crooked bet.

2. Hardens production is so up and down now that he cant backstep 3 times into a 30 footer, kick his leg out like Jean Claude VanDamme creating contact in the air outside his body frame while he’s shooting that 3 to get 3 free throws ,or pinball his way down the lane with the ball tucked like a baby kanagaroo before throwing it in the 3rd row as he hits the ground and get 2 free throws for it.

The last year that those dumb ass plays were allowed, he was shooting 16 free throws a game at home…SIXTEEN.

NBA CAN GO EFF ITSELF

Angry Go Away GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

1 Like

It’s getting pretty close to completely unwatchable. I rarely watch anymore and used to be a huge fan.