Josh Reynolds contract details $4.5M APY

It was reported as a $14M/2yr contract. It’s actually a $9M/2yr contract with $5M in incentives. There was some serious agent speak in the details of his contract. Per OTC, it calls for $4.5M due this year ($2,000,000 signing bonus, $2,245,000 base salary and $255,000 per game roster bonus) and $4.5M next ($3,990,000 base salary and $510,000 per game roster bonus). It’s $1.5M more APY than he made on the 2yr contract he signed in 2022.

I believe BH/MCDC when they said they wanted him back and I believe this was a contract that BH would have matched, but unfortunately Reynolds elected to move on.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1774069463941317087

6 Likes

Wonder if Josh’s decision to leave was somewhat fueled by the fan backlash he got after his agonizing drops in the Niners game…he got torched pretty good on the socials

7 Likes

I’m sure it does that’s why I thought it was best for everyone to move on

Also, he’s the bonafide #2 option in that pass game as the don’t throw to Mims and their TE/RB are not what we got.

And Sutton is pretty good he’s no ARSB

So like Evan Brown he might be trying to prove he’s the dude. If he’s a bigger role they’re more likely to get those incentives.

3 Likes

Wow… i think Denver upgraded over Jeudy with J Rey. But i thought we would have matched that contract…

Kinda hard to believe that he chose to leave if money wasnt a factor… maybe he thought he deserved more targets this season after how hot he started? Ive seen hints of frustration from him in interviews… didnt seem like much at the time.

1 Like

Who’s throwing the ball?

3 Likes

Schrodinger’s QB

2 Likes

Josh isn’t as talented as Jameson Williams. Jameson is going to step up this year and the targets are likely going down for Josh.

How much can we pay a #3 or #4 WR?

As soon as Brad traded for DPJ I thought the end was here for Josh. DOJ can easily be a #3 WR here and he took less $.

Remember, we also have Kalif Raymond too. That dude can play.

2 Likes

Who?

Not a theoretical physics buff eh?

Erwin Schrödinger was a noble prize winning physicist who developed quantom theory.

Schrodinger’s cat is a thought problem. There is a cat in a box. It is both alive and dead at the same time until someone opens the box. The observer influences the outcome to one or the other. Without the observer quantom physics say the correct superposition of the cat is both alive and dead. This is based on the double slit experiment where a single photon goes through both slits without an observer. When observed the photon chooses only one slit or the other to pass through.

Schrodinger’s quarterback was meant to be a joke playing on that theme. They both have a qb and dont have a qb until an observer comes into the equation and opens the draft card.

4 Likes

Got it.

1 Like

All that to say, “they don’t have one, yet.”

Bring it on Wenotme. As far as I’m concerned, there’s never been enough quantum theory humor here in the Den… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah… im a fuckin nerd lol.

But for real the double slit experiment proves that consciousness plays a role in physics. It proves that thoughts effect matter/particals. I love that when physics gets really deep it gets all hippy dippy.

I know. You posted a lot on the James Webb telescope there, IIRC.

Yeah i remember being in that thread for a minute but didn’t get through half of it.

He signed with Denver and the tomb of the unknown quarterback.
That’s a wrap for Reynolds in the D.

1 Like

Until he goes on waivers mid-season and we bring him back… which is exactly what happened the last time he tried to play without Goff

2 Likes

So basically 1 year, $4.5 million, with a team option for another year at the same rate. Plus the incentives.

I can see why he would prefer Denver if Brad had matched the offer. In Detroit he knows he’s going to be the number 5 target, but in Denver he can be the number 2, which makes hitting those incentives much more likely. He probably wanted $1 million more a year from Detroit to compensate for that.

@DeadStroke - completely unrelated, but I think I’ve noticed that the Lions have been credited with an additional $5-6m in cap space on OTC in the last few days. I could be totally wrong, but I believe I saw OTC had us at $21m a few days ago, and now it’s jumped up to $26m. Is that right, and if so where did it come from?

1 Like

Don’t forget LaPorta is really the number 2 pass catcher on the team

With Jamo ascending, Reynolds was looking at 4th option or lower

1 Like

No coming back from those drops. Detroit did him a solid by pretending to want him back, but that contract he signed tells me Detroit didn’t want him. And rightfully so TBH.

1 Like