Josh Reynolds released

I don’t see anyway at all that we dont claim him. Holmes had a part in drafting him and Goff is familiar with him.

Has no one seen the movie SOL??? because, I have, and it ends with the Lions doing the most SOL thing possible, which in this case would be passing on Josh Reynolds because they want to work 7th Crusade Brown, our slowest receiver, into more X position reps.

1 Like

British actress Rosamund Pike once joked that you can be overwhelmed or underwhelmed, but never just “whelmed”.

That’s how I feel about Reynolds; utterly whelmed.

3 Likes

Maybe the Packers sign OBJ and cut his brother…
aka…
Emotional-Stability-and-Composure St. Brown.

1 Like

That’s not very equanimeous of you.:wink:

Our HC just said he and Holmes haven’t even talked about Reynolds. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Lions have until today at like 4 pm to put in a claim do they not?

Dude, don’t you think that’s a conversation you should have considering this team and the WR group as currently constituted resembles a dumpster fire.

Agreed, but I also think that if Reynolds was any good Goff would be banging the table for him. We have 1st priority on waivers meaning Reynolds is ours, if we want him.

Sounds like coach speak… rather than saying “not interested”.

Reynolds is a #4 WR at best… and he has barely played on special teams in his career. That hurts his value.

I think he is better than Geronimo… but not sure I would even bother wasting 500k for 1/2 a year at this point.

Not exactly the highest topic of interest would be my assessment. I don’t think it means anything one way or another. Most people have had that one experience of waking up, looking over, and saying “How did THAT happen?”.

That’s what bringing Josh Reynolds home is like, not exactly the kind of thing you talk about…

I’m not sure Goff ever banged the table. Maybe he would leave a voice mail. :joy:

3 Likes

My only thought is looking at our WRing corps: so all of a sudden we have standards such that we won’t sign a guy for $500k to see what he’s got? The guy caught 52 balls for over 600 yards last year. For NFL teams $500k is like a rounding error. The league minimum is close to $700k. So all of a sudden our depth at WR is such that he’s not better than anyone on the active roster? We are so flushed with talent that we can pass on this guy?

Holmes had chances at Reynolds before the season and passed so they may have already eliminated or dropped him from their board and hence no discussion needed.

There were guys on this forumpounding the table for him before the season and he signed with the Titans at a bargain price. Now he is released.

He is pretty similar to Hodge with maybe slightly better hands.

I’m not sold on the guy but at least he’s demonstrated that he can be a NFL receiver. Hodge and Benson have like 100 yards total receiving this year. I’m reminded of Kevin Bacon yelling All is Well during final scene of Animal House.

If our HC and GM have a plan it’s really not apparent to me unless their plan is to go 0-17 to sew up the 1st pick.

I can see the logic in passing on him.

How many WRs running the wrong routes are needed? The guy won’t be able to learn the offense effectively, and it’s clear he’s not a game changer even when fully onboarded.

I understand the rationale that he might be a bit of an upgrade over a couple of the guys on the roster. However, if Holmes & Co decide he’s not enough of a difference maker to dabble with, that’s not unreasonable.

I’m not sure why we haven’t claimed him yet. Goff and him could be a good duo. Or I’m I wrong. Holmes probably sitting on his thumb and hoping we go 0-17

The only question we have to ask is this-

Are J Reynolds and another lucky strike off the wire better than Benson and Hodge?

Hodge is probably safe for his special teams role.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/08/khadarel-hodges-path-to-browns-roster-involves-his-willingness-to-do-whatever-it-takes.html%3FoutputType=amp

He has been claimed by the Lions

3 Likes