Just Finished the Giants Game, And

Couldn’t make it to a TV until an hour after the game started. Now that it has been completed and seen, I have a few insights.

• Around the 1:25 mark of the 3rd qtr, the announcer mentioned the term “Meathead” in reference to MCDC. Kudos to Jaded for nailing this and it should be known that this forum is read.
  • Couple of things that confused me were that home teams were booed two weeks in a row and refs seemed to be respecting our away team.
  • Very smart game plan with really zero bad decisions. Also nice adjustments that continued to stimey the home team. This, or the GMen are a huge facade.
  • Goff isn’t the problem. Maybe the third or fourth on the list to update.
  • Gameballs to Hutch, Williams, McNeil and Goalpost.
  • Damn I love Swift, but the China doll syndrome coupled with not a good reader of blocking saddens me.

Bottom line: it is really nice to see good football from the home team for a series of games. The beans don’t really matter that much to me now, I’m seeing a direction…

God help me…

23 Likes

Oh god why does the Kool aid taste so good with 4 wins? It’s because this team could actually take steps forward AND get a great pick.

14 Likes

Y E S

also, GB SUUUUUCKS!!!

10 Likes

@BigNatty yes I do celebrate that double bonus. And watching Fields and that Chi D blow it every week. My tiers of success:

1. We are moving in the right direction

2. Matt is doing us right. Headed to a great pick today at least.

3. Packer losing and looking awful doing so.

4. Bears lol.

9 Likes

Y e s!!!

1 Like

Really good post!

I would just like to add that anyone who comes away from that game thinking Thibs is better than Hutch needs his head examined.

17 Likes

On a sidenote: How cool would it be if Rob Reiner tossed the coin on Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Positives:
McNeill’s best game for us - he was outstanding throughout
The run D :muscle:
Rookies in hutch and THE BALL HAWK making plays
Goff never looked like taking a sack today against a Wink Martindale D
St Brown, Kennedy and Raymond all making plays when we needed them
Brock Wright and Will Harris were solid
Jamaal and Jackson ran the ball well
I know people like to shit on him but Anzalone had another good game, he is what he is and I would be surprised/disappointed if he is still the starter next season but I think he is playing about as well as you could expect relative to his ability for us this season.

Negatives:
Okudah likely out of Thanksgiving
Swift in short yard situations was disappointing again. After a start to the season which promised a lot for him, right now it looks very like he is a FA in 2024
DJ Chark had no impact and has really disappointed this season

8 Likes

Soap-mouth GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 Likes

@Mr.Peabody cant argue with that. Hutch’s small arms seemed to do okay on that pick

8 Likes

I’m wishing we could have traded Swift at the deadline, as he is clearly the 3rd best back right now

4 Likes

Yep, our best hope now is that Duce and DC get through to him.

Our rookie DE has 2 picks!
Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Realised i forgot Cominsky, a major faux pas on myself.

3 Likes

Swag Weegee (Corum SZN)

@swagweegee

·

3h

Aidan Hutchinson’s statline: 3 TOT, 1 int, 1 fr
Kayvon Thibodaux’s statline: Sewell’s bitch

9 Likes

I think Swift’s best value is as trade bait. There’s gotta be someone out there who loves him the way that Jerry Jones loved Roy Williams. Swift can be a world-beater but while we’re waiting on that he’s good for about 500 yards per year like virtually every RB in the league.

1 Like

Hutch quietly is leading all rookies in QB pressures and sacks and has big play interceptions at the midpoint. Whenever McNeil, Paschal, or Cominsky also bring any pressure the line actually looks strong.

1 Like

Then that would have to be an in-season trade next year. The window has closed on this season unless it’s a player swap during the draft.

1 Like

DJ Chark was more then likely a decoy to the Giants D. Don’t think he is a full go, he barely played. But when he did play before the injury he disappointed, lol

Hahahahaha!
I’m not th type to say “I told ya so,” buuuuuuut…

2 Likes