Justin Fields 2nd Act

He is going to be good, it will just take a couple of years. I am more concerned about the Lions lack of options next year in the draft, especially if this team is a little better than everyone thinks and they end up picking after the top 5.

:ok_hand: :point_up_2: :clap:

1 Like

Doesn’t look like there’s too much to worry about in that department.

2 Likes

no it isn’t.

I don’t know if Fields is going to be a flop or not but the Bears O-line might get him killed.

We’re getting Frederick Palowaski next year.

2 Likes

I find this thread to be wishful thinking. I get it. People want Fields to suck because we passed on him for Sewell.

The reality is he is not going to suck. He’s going to be very good. It would not shock me, with his kind of talent, that he is the very best QB in this class when its all said and done .

For me, I wanted Fields. I think we’ve now double whammied ourselves. Maybe triple-whammied ourselves. We let Stafford go. We passed on a franchise QB because of who the f knows why (Goff, team build order??) to replace him, then we let a divisional rival trade up and get him for peanuts.

Triple whammied??? Dude haha. And the actual reality is that we have no idea if Fields is going to be any good or not in the NFL. I really don’t care how he looks in preseason. If the Bears are smart they will make sure they have a solid OL and let him sit until he’s ready.

3 Likes

No one asked you to “buy” anything. At what point was it an excuse? It was simply an observation. You could very well be wrong? You mean like now?

As a Fields supporter myself I’m going to have to disagree there. Alot of people on the board were not sold on Fields prior to the draft and some of the neutral people soured on him after the national championship game. The fact that he became a Chicago Bear was the final straw for many people.

You don’t have to have a top 5 pick to get a franchise QB. The Chiefs and Texans came out of the 20’s to get their’s. When Goff and Wentz went 1 and 2 the teams that drafted them came out of the teens.

2 Likes

I am not saying everybody was on board with Fields. They weren’t. I know because I fought with them all offseason about it. So no disagreement there.

You gotta admit, having a handsome QB is better than having to look at a hideous one thoguh. :wink:
p.s. if he’s ugly in preseason, he’s prolly gonna be ugly in regular season too.

1 Like

If you play in the NFCN, and you are not a Lion, I’m rooting for you to SUUUUUUCK…really, really bad. LOL.
This is the only category I put Fields into, and the only reason for my feelings toward him.

4 Likes

Yep he’s a Bear he’s the enemy. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too early to make any predictions on anyone draft picks and Goff and Stafford. Let’s get to game #1 first.

4 Likes

Yep - let fields get three concussion amd medically retire as a freaking millionaire… or the newbie posted that he think fields could take years to develop…. Yep that too!

I want vikes, pack and bear to all suck and we win the division and then go grab our first SB!

I have a dream!! “Tangled” reference :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Welcome brother!!

UR a Lions fan or just stopping by for a chat?!

Love ya either way baby!!

2 Likes

lo there amjay13 , welcome here if your sticking around.

Which makes it all the better considering how well out starting offensive line handled them. They were solid in pass protection and made good holes in the running game. I know it didn’t look like it but there were. I saw several plays that were ruined by shoddy blocking from tight ends and receivers. Another play would have gone for huge yards had it been swift and not Williams.

The bills also played with a single high safety all game. The other safety lived in the box. Most of the time it was him making the play.

Basham didn’t play against us, and he was mowing Bears down like crazy. But yes, in general our guys handled their guys and they are very good.

I’m pretty sure I remember the announcers mentioning Basham’s name when we played them.

Then they missed it when they listed the players who played. Have at it I went to 2 different sources…