Justin Fields looks like azz today

I hope HSV doesn’t stumble across any of the other box scores…

The fact that Fields had the SECOND best “stat line” against 2nd-4th team scrubs by a former Buckeye QB hurts the narrative a bit. None other than Dwayne Haskins posted 16-22 for 161 yards and a TD against the Iggles.

Hell neither Haskins nor Fields can hold the jockstrap of Drew Locke after his 5-7 for 150 and 2 TD outing today.

The Phins didn’t even play all the D starters, and the ones that played only played a few series. They didn’t record a team sack or QB hit. The Phins had scored on the Bears 3 times before the Bears managed a FG with seconds left in the half.

Fields went 3 and out his first 3 drives, then scraped together 45 ish yards on 5-7 yard check downs against 2-3rd string D…

Again- he may turn out to be a stud, but his rating was worse than Haskins, Blough, Brisett, Locke, and Flacco amongst others in a game where he played against backups.

2 Likes

Calm down HPV Lion! It’s just one game. They’re building a foundation.

1 Like

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

1 Like

I think Fields is going to be really, really good but so is Penei. I’m fine with Brad’s decision.

3 Likes

Highly likely. Hope Fields needs therapy after every time he faces the Lions. I’d be happy to work with him, if he does. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not rooting against Fields. Of course, our draft picks are not literally on Fields shoulders for 17 games.

I am sick of the grinch GIF though. It’s one thing to like a gif but it’s another level of annoying to use it 5 times a day.

One of my favorite gifs for your troubles:

sasha grey ass slap GIF

5 Likes

My lord….

I will upvote every Highlander gif ever put here

1 Like

First preseason game, not going to clown him nor crown him. Or Sewell who played in his first game since 2 Rose Bowls ago. What I saw from Fields is a guy who can buy time rather easily with his feet, rip off a 10-15 yard run in a blink if we pull some of the blown coverages we had last night. He’s big enough to fend guys off and has a pretty live arm. These are things as a young guy develops that can put some duct tape on things like lack of vision and poor decision making. I think the “we were stupid to pass on Fields” debate won’t be decided for a few years, so trying to have it after rookie pre-season game #1, is folly. Goff “may” be our guy, he “may” not be. We just don’t know. I don’t think anyone is going to mistake Justin Herbert for Lamar Jackson, yet he did pretty well in Lynn’s system as a rookie.

We’ve got 4 first round picks over the next two drafts, so if we need a QB other than Goff, we can probably go get a pretty good one. Will that guy or Goff be better than Fields in 3-4 years? Who knows. We sure do not on 8/14/21.

Haha! We all have our line. Some of us “no real Lions fan would root for Matt.”
Some of us…“No real Lions fan could root for a different player in our division.”
Some of us…“No real fan could root for any player that’s not in a Lions uniform.”

Here’s a ethical/moral conundrum for you…What if he gets traded to GB or Chicago? You stilllll rooting for him? Let the inner conflict spiral!

Just fascinated with the many different, yet completely perfect forms of god’s artwork we call the female form. Love them.

1 Like

@wesleysh21 … thank you good sir.

1 Like

I would normally have no issues having selected Sewell. If we had Stafford, it made a ton of sense to keep him clean and get the ground game going.

But if Fields is really really good and you don’t have a QB, and you pass on a QB for a tackle, I’m not okay with that.

QBs come first in this league, but its easy to forget when the team you root for is so inept they can’t figure out how to put a team around a franchise QB in 12 years time.

So I guess it comes down to Goff.

1 Like

You were the very first person to respond to the OP…you told the OP that it was too early, which it is…but then proceeded to ask “Where is HSV?” Well now that HSV has answered your call you wanna say he is giving hot takes too early? :thinking:

2 Likes

There were quite a few of those

1 Like

Are you talking about Matt? If Matt gets traded to Green Bay or Chicago I’m going to assume he failed with the Rams. At that point he has fulfilled his destiny to give us higher picks and I wash my hands of him.

1 Like

I’m still not sure how we keep convincing women to sleep with us and overlook the much more attractive option.

3 Likes

It’s bc other women know the mind tricks. We’re prey!

4 Likes

LOL - Exactly. So weird that they dig us.

Was talking about Fields going to GB or Dallas, as I know you hate 'em.

I don’t know about Fields, but he certainly had a better day than Lawrence. Ouch.

1 Like