Justin Fields to DET?

Actually, let me rephrase this. I see how the Jets can say “He’s better than what we have.” I don’t see how they can say “He’s better than what we have combined with what we can get.”

Correct. So if you need to change out more than that – and the Lions need to change out 75% minimally on defense; and need at least two-thirds of a new receiving corps, a new RB or two, and could use an upgrade at at least two positions on the O-line … guess what? It will take multiple years.

You’re – say it with me – reebuillldddinnng.

Plus what they will have to pay Darnold soon vs the new rookie deal.

1 Like

The only possibility I see for the Lions to take a QB is if Stafford tells them to take one as he would be gone in a year. I don’t believe he would say that so I see little chance of it happening, nor should it. Why fans want to waste a high draft pick to get worse at the most important position is crazy. When there are lots of options at any position in the draft the only thing you can count on is that the order they are taken will be nowhere near their order of success.

Ok, I’m over my phase where I don’t want Fields after the other day. This is my QB1 again.

Really I just wanted an excuse to put this in this thread :sweat_smile:, this does work though.

2 Likes

I am REALLY intrigued by Lance.
He seems to be much quicker than Cam Newton, but is probably closer to his his size than any of the other mobile QBs in the NFL. He doesn’t have a ton of tape and the competition level is not great… but he throws a nice deep ball. Looks like he would be very effective of play action rollouts in a Shanahan/McVay/LaFleur type of offense.