Justin Fields to DET?

As self proclaimed president of the Fail for Fields campaign, I thought I’d make a thread about him like we’ve had for other prospects. I wanted to wait until after the Panthers won because that IMO gives us the inside track to Fields barring a trade up. If the Jets do what I think they should and will and take a non-QB, who ahead of us is taking Fields?

1 Like

Falcons might. Trades are always a possibility of course.

That’s true, although I don’t realistically see them moving on from Matt Ryan WITHOUT the financial ties they have to him.

Yeah that Ryan contract is a doozy with all that guaranteed money. You’re probably right that they have to roll with him.

Jets are interesting bc I think they actually still believe in Darnold. But if they don’t go QB I think they’d trade back and go WR.

Aren’t Stafford and Ryan generally held in fairly the same regard within NFL circles?

If so, I guess my question would be why they would hold onto an older QB and we would move on from the younger QB in Stafford?

If Fields or Wilson are there, it would be hard to pass either up. Maybe even sit a year under Stafford.

1 Like

Great points about the Ryan financials. Definitely something to consider.

1 Like

I would rather have Wilson

2 Likes

Ryan is a former MVP and took them to a SB. They’re also way more strapped to him than we are to Stafford.

I could easily see them taking Penei Sewell and moving Becton to RT.

I thought about that as well. Those would be unreal bookends.

They do have an extra 1st also in a deep WR class, as well as 34. There will be plenty of options for them as far as weapons go, and I think Joe Douglas is smart enough to know that.

Possibly. I still think ultimately they’ll move Darnold and go QB but I think it all depends on the new HC.

For a couple years. Virtually guarantees one of your 1st round picks isn’t getting a 2nd contract though.

Good point. That does probably make it a no go.

I don’t know about that. If you have Sewell making big money at LT, why can’t you still pay Becton to be a RT. Sure he won’t get premier LT money, but why can’t he get a second contract of he’ll have been playing RT for 4 years?

I’d be shocked if the Jets don’t take Fields but you never know I suppose.

The Carolina win was big for those hoping for the Lions to take a QB, the Dallas win too to a lesser degree. I just don’t see who else is a threat to take a QB among these 4-5 win teams outside of Atlanta possibly. Eh, maybe Denver?

Denver drafts after us

I just saw on tankathon that the Lions win all the tiebreakers even with the 4 win teams due to weakest strength of schedule so it seems like 7th is the worst they can finish if they lose and as high as 3 so essentially 3-7 if they lose. Win and they could end up in the mid teens. Big swing game.

Right. We have reached a must lose game. If Daniel is starting though, I don’t think that’ll be a problem.

2 Likes